Field Operations Manager, Housekeeping
at Lavanda in London
Lavanda is a UK “proptech” startup shaping the future of property rental by putting the sharing economy at its heart. By wrapping residential homes in our hospitality experience and offering it them as short or mid-term rental, we boost their desirability and maximise occupancy throughout the year.
WHY ARE WE EXCITING?
At Lavanda our mission is to create value for property owners and investors through premium hospitality, technology and data. To execute on this, we’ve brought together a team of proven world-class entrepreneurs from across the hospitality, property and tech industries to hone a brand and service that challenges a multi £billion industry. With a proven model that is backed by some of the UK’s most prestigious angel investors, we’re now well funded and growing fast.
We invite you to join a team of like-minded entrepreneurs and play your part in helping us build a business and brand that will shape the future of the residential property sector.
As the London Housekeeping Manager you will be tasked with scaling Lavanda’s world-class housekeeping operation. You will report directly to the London Operations Manager and Head of Operations with full accountability for all KPIs relevant to the housekeeping function. Alongside owning the recruitment and training of all housekeepers, responsibilities will include quality control, performance management, remuneration and continued professional development of our team. Housekeeping is one of the founding pillars of Lavanda’s customer experience. You will be committed to offer both our owners and guests an unforgettable experience, by combining commercial acumen with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved operationally as required.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting business goals and reporting on all KPIs.
- Working across the business to ensure that processes and operations are adapted as necessary to best ensure the success of the Housekeeping team.
- Implementing a scalable process in order to maximise the use of our resources and minimise daily housekeeping issues
- Managing a rapidly growing team of 10+ housekeepers: monitoring daily incidents and measuring team performance
- Allocating tasks to the housekeepers every day and dispatching them from our King’s Cross warehouse every morning
- Providing operational insight into the scoping of tech solutions to enhance the performance, reporting and scalability of our Housekeeping operation.
- Continually reviewing and refining tools and processes to find new efficiencies and service improvements.
- Championing the Housekeeping function internally within the business, ensuring Lavanda offers a competitive working environment and all the necessary benefits to attract and retain the best talent.
- Coordinating on a daily basis with the 4 other operations verticals (maintenance, transport & logistics, guest services, and host management)
- Great academic background
- You’ll have 3+ years experience, preferably in the hospitality industry and/or in a start-up
- You are passionate about the sharing economy and understand the thrills and trepidations around using somebody else’s assets.
- You are data-driven. Excel has no secrets for you and you enjoy working with spreadsheets. You know how to extract insights from numbers and can model different scenarios with confidence
- You are a people person: you are very approachable and enjoy working with people from very different backgrounds and cultures. You can easily keep your calm in any situation; you have a high level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- You’re as comfortable out on the field, encouraging and motivating our field-based staff, as you are working in an office environment working alongside other ambitious and dedicated team players like yourself
- You must be technology savvy and understand the critical role that tech plays in scaling complex operations
- You ‘re great at multitasking and not afraid to make quick and decisive prioritisations
- You’re autonomous: you love taking new initiatives and have already managed projects successfully on your own
- You’re proactive in seeking out new ways to improve profitability and create efficiencies for a business
- Pressure doesn’t scare you. At Lavanda, we’re always working with a smile on our face even during peak periods such as holiday times
- You’re hungry to take on a role where you can have an extremely meaningful impact on the business. You’re motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in a Housekeeping department
- Fluency in any additional language
- Competitive salary package
- Generous equity package in the form of tax efficient EMI options
- Great office in the heart of Clerkenwell
- Weekly team drinks and frequent social events
- Unlimited snacks and great coffee
HOW TO APPLY
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
When applying, in the cover letter section, please answer the following three questions:
1) In your opinion, what are the biggest challenges a Field Operations Manager might have to face?
2) Give us a few examples of things that you did not enjoy in a i) a previous work environment and ii) a previous role.
3) As a tech start-up, we’d love to know what you favourite apps are. What apps do you use the most?
Recent jobs at Lavanda
- Guest Experience Host (Contractor) at Lavanda in London 20-01-2018
- City Manager - Liverpool at Lavanda in London 16-02-2018