Consumer Sales Lead
at MyTutor in London
MyTutor makes learning personal
MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we’re on a mission to empower every pupil with the expertise they need to reach their potential. Through our highly-engaged tutor community and smart, interactive Online Lesson Space, we envision a future where any student can access high quality one-to-one support.
With the growing demand for personalised education, tutoring has become a £2bn market in the UK alone. Against this backdrop, MyTutor has become one of the fastest-growing and best-funded EdTech businesses in Europe and we’re on our way to revolutionising the tutoring landscape. To date, we’ve worked with over 10,000 families, 200+ schools and raised over £5m from a mix of respected institutional and angel investors.
As consumer sales lead you will have a direct impact on our business growth. You will be responsible for building our consumer sales function, and leading initiatives to drive new customer conversion. To achieve this you will work closely with our VP sales, and our product, marketing and operations teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing sales leadership in our customer team: Work closely with our VP sales to develop your own sales skills and share best practices with all customer facing team members
- Leading sales efforts both by contacting new leads yourself and developing a process that can be actioned by sales reps. Work with our VP sales on refining our pitch to maximise conversion rates
- Building up a customer sales function that performs: you’ll recruit, train and manage sales reps and be responsible for their output. You’ll develop targets and commission to incentivise them to perform.
- Analysing our onboarding flow to identify new opportunities to help customers to their first booking. Driving through projects to make the most of those opportunities.
- CRM: Implement and optimise nurture email flows to re-engage potential customers who haven’t had their first tutorial yet. You’ll continuously A/B test email content, triggers and CTAs to optimise performance
- Acting as the voice of the customer within MyTutor: Develop a detailed understanding of what our customers are aiming to achieve and advocate for them.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- A customer-centric mindset: you have empathy for our customers and what motivates them
- Excellent call handling skills including questioning, probing, listening, establishing rapport, matching and closing
- Target driven: you have a proven track record of hitting your targets and you want to keep exceeding yourself
- Analytical ability: you’ll need to be comfortable handling and interpreting data
- Aptitude for management: you understand what drives people, how to coach, motivate and develop your team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Work with smart and motivated people from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, JustEat, Adzuna, The Hut Group and General Assembly
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Tuesday breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
We’re a friendly team of 25+ in a shared office in Old Street. Some of the team have joined from Barclays, BCG, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, JustGiving and General Assembly, and as a whole we’re proactive, close-knit and easy to get along with.
Send us your CV and let us know why you think this internship is for you. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP.