Back-end Developer (Node.js)
at Reposit in London
(₤40000 - ₤47500 per year)
Reposit is a Property/FinTech start-up working to make renting fairer. We’ve just closed a big funding round and we’re looking for an exceptional back-end developer to improve and expand our web applications.
As a close-knit team of 8, every person has a big impact on the rest of the team. We love coffee, ranking the local food spots, and after work beers/wines.
We’re a fast-moving and dedicated team – disrupting the rental market in the UK is no mean feat.
Who are you?
You are an ambitious developer who enjoys working on scaleable back-end systems using Node.js. You’re a fast learner who loves a challenge. You have startup experience, or a strong desire to work in one. You are hungry to improve and develop your skills as we grow and evolve as a company.
You’ll be the second hire in the Development team, working directly with the CTO.
You will be:
- Adding new features to our fast and secure JSON API
- Liaising with frontend developers to support our web app
- Designing and implementing a public REST API for integration with external partners and services
- Able to have significant input into tech decisions
- Designing the way we store data in our relational Postgres database
- Deploying our applications into the cloud with AWS
- Minimum 2 years commercial back-end experience
- Minimum 1 years commercial Node.js experience
- Experience designing and building scalable REST APIs
- Love learning about best practices and latest technologies
- Experience writing automated tests with common testing frameworks
- Passionate about working in a startup
- Familiarity with CI systems (We use Jenkins)
- Understanding of SQL database design
- Testing frameworks (Mocha/Chai/Should.js)
- Experience in API development and best practices (testing, documenting, versioning, monitoring)
- Understanding of latest front-end technologies (React, Redux etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services (EC2, ELB, VPC, S3)
- Appreciate the value of writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with agile working practices
- Commercially minded approach to development
- You’ve already worked in a startup environment
- Salary dependent on experience (£40-47.5K)
- Salary review every 6 months
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- A shiny new MacBook, monitor, and accessories
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Great office space a couple of minutes away from Shoreditch High Street