Digital Sales / Commercial Manager
at Roar Digital in London
Roar Digital is an exciting and fast growing digital agency that forms part of the Devonshire Media Group. Specialising in all aspects of digital marketing, particularly paid search and performance marketing, Roar is looking for an experienced Digital Sales Manager to lead and drive revenue growth during this exciting phase of the company’s development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to make their mark and develop a new sales ecosystem within an established and growing brand. The role will primarily focus on growing the Paid Search offering, but will also oversee other cross-company commercial activity.
The role will require the individual to lead sales growth, from lead generation and marketing activities to building client relationships and closing deals. The individual will become an influential, key senior member of the team, both to grow the future sales team and to take full ownership and shape this critical part of our operations, and to drive the business to enterprise scale.
Roar has developed a robust customer base, using a combination of proprietary technology and key service USPs. An important aspect of this role will involve working with our sister company, Homeflow, which offers a significant opportunity for growth, with direct access to their 400+ clients.
The role will be based in our London office, 5 minutes’ walk from Clapham Junction.
- Develop a company wide sales strategy and sales plan
- Handle inbound sales opportunities, closing and negotiating commercial deals while attracting additional revenue.
- Proactively pick up the phone, and, especially in the early days, generate cold start opportunities to accelerate early revenue growth, alongside developing the existing inbound flow.
- Drive large-scale revenue growth both from establishing new partner relationships as well as working closely with our sister company to develop qualified leads.
- Research new sectors / potential clients and seek areas for development
- Actively develop and manage the sales pipeline
- Develop, present and sell customised service packages based on client briefs
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars, and industry events to research, promote products, expand contact network and increase knowledge
- Compile and analyse sales performance data, including the preparation of monthly sales reports and sales forecasts
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the business, internally and externally
- Attend events and keep updated on digital marketing trends and opportunities, acting as a key point of contact and a company spokesperson when appropriate
- Stay up to date on competitor activity and the competitive landscape
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally 3-6 years experience in a digital marketing / SaaS commercial role
- Able to demonstrate proven sales and negotiation skills
- Professional attitude, excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously
- Tenacious, self- starters will be successful in this role
- Man management and leadership ability
- Experience in hiring and building early stage sales teams would also be an advantage.
- Good planning, budgeting, report writing and forecasting skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and manage multiple priorities with initiative and enthusiasm
- An interest and working knowledge of digital marketing services and technology automation
- Experience with paid search, particularly Google AdWords
- Knowledge of the complete digital marketing mix, particularly SEO and Social Media
- A good understanding of CRM, Marketing Automation or other complex marketing suites
The position offers a competitive salary package (basic + OTE), which will be dependent on the individuals experience.
Please note that applications will only be reviewed that include a CV and cover letter detailing why you are right for Roar, and why Roar is right for them.