Head of Marketing
at Adzuna in London
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for growing awareness and usage of Adzuna’s job search engine across all platforms and channels, focussing primarily on the UK, but with overall responsibility for our traffic growth & brand globally. It combines a strong emphasis on performance marketing, team management & development with elements of brand/marketing/growth strategy across a range of channels.
You’ll be a digital marketing expert and will grow our traffic and user base aggressively in traffic and margin terms. You’ll set direction for and manage a talented team of marketing experts who are responsible for each channel, and dive in and help them when needed. You’ll figure out how to adapt our overall business & brand strategy to an effective day-to-day marketing plan, and work closely with your peers in sales, product and international to help our marketplace grow. You’ll spread best practise and implement scalable processes within and beyond your team. Your work will help empower jobseekers with better information and ultimately make people’s lives better and the economy more efficient in the UK and across the globe.
We offer a fun, entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business where you can make a huge difference, with a market competitive package including significant stock options.
The ideal candidate will be a ‘T-shaped marketer’ whose career to date spans offline and online marketing experience, with broad exposure to performance marketing channels like SEO and SEM as well as brand/PR/social media, and roles where they have been hands-on in at least 1 or 2 of these areas. They can be a thought leader to set brand and marketing strategy but also turn that vision into a multi-channel delivery plan that delivers results, making the most of what we have already in place as well as testing new ideas. They have strong people management experience, having effectively built and developed teams and enjoy bringing a team together to achieve results. Ideally they may also have had exposure to a multi-country environment, b2b as well as b2c marketing, and/or worked in a start-up environment before. They have a degree at 2.1 or better (or equivalent) from a top university.
They have a good understanding of internet business models and the ability to think strategically, anticipating how pulling different levers can make a difference to the business, and adapting their approach rapidly in the face of what they learn from the market. They are a great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature who can sit between different functions with different resource constraints and make things happen.
They can lead by example and are happy getting their hands dirty. They can trade off projects, find practical solutions and prioritise the most important initiatives that can be delivered at an acceptable cost. They are organised, efficient, detail-oriented, commercially-savvy, ambitious and smart. They can be both data-driven and conceptual, believe in testing and learning, and are comfortable multi-tasking across a wide range of activities. They are happy working in a small, entrepreneurial team with limited resources and will simply do their best to make the business succeed.
Marketing plans and traffic growth
○ Lead from the front on digital & performance marketing across the business
○ Set ambitious traffic targets – and then find a way to hit and exceed them
○ Determine where to focus spend and team time for greatest return on investment across range of activities and marketing channels
○ Build SEO presence through strong in-house operations, link and content development strategies and outsourcing where appropriate
○ Create a powerful social media and PR machine and build brand awareness and ‘authority’ status across B2C and B2B constituencies, including through online and offline advertising channels
○ Help scale & optimise performance marketing spend across Adwords, Facebook, remarketing channels etc and ensure it delivers against targets
○ Develop with your team a wide and robust network of traffic partners
○ Test new channels and approaches and measure and improve performance and efficiency on a week-by-week basis
○ Focus on user registration and retention/engagement to improve user lifetime value
○ Lead user and market research to give additional insight to support plans
○ Project manage the delivery of initiatives
○ Set brand positioning, and ensure marketing plans across multiple disparate channels add up to a coherent whole, and support the overall business strategy
○ Build marketing and business plans, per market, to support the development of free and profitable paid traffic in each market and hit traffic and revenue targets
○ Work with finance/founders/product to allocate resources required
Commercial growth and business development
○ Work with Head of Sales to ensure our marketing activity delivers 90%+ of revenue budgets sold, and ensure alignment between the traffic we develop and what our client want
Team management and development
○ Recruit, retain, develop and motivate a diverse and talented marketing team, and develop team structure over time
○ Motivate each individual to grow Adzuna in their own area in a true entrepreneurial spirit, always focusing their talent on activities with maximum business impact
○ Run weekly meetings and reporting and 1-on-1s
○ Help develop tools and automation to make marketing team more effective
○ Outsource activities where appropriate
Contribution to Adzuna globally
○ Work with founders and Head of Product to develop and roll out new products and revenue streams when relevant, while keeping scalability and user experience front and centre
○ Contribute to management team and overall business strategy
○ Support initiatives to grow the global business and leverage UK marketing expertise into the international team where appropriate
· Work at a company where you can make a real difference
· A market-competitive salary
· Stock options
· Entrepreneurial environment
· A great office in Fulham Broadway
· 25 days holiday
· A bursting social event calendar
· A fancy coffee machine, ping pong table, pension, maternity pay, bike to work scheme, fresh fruit, Adzuna Academy training program, Apple store discount and lots more!
Adzuna is a search engine for jobs ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, as well as unique tools like ValueMyCV, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna’s data also powers the Number 10 Dashboard, used by the Prime Minister and senior officials to keep track of economic growth on a daily basis.
Adzuna launched in the UK in July 2011 and now operates in 16 countries. We have a great team, top class investors, recently won an award for best crowdfunding round of the year, and have been recognised as one of the government’s Future Fifty and Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest-growing tech companies in Britain.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
You can read more here: http://www.adzuna.co.uk/about-us.html
Recent jobs at Adzuna
- Perl Developer at Adzuna in London 25-01-2018
- Country Manager - Italy at Adzuna in London 11-06-2018
- Frontend Developer/Designer at Adzuna in London 22-06-2018
- Dutch Marketing Intern at Adzuna in London 04-07-2018
- Head of Marketing at Adzuna in London 19-07-2018