Community and Marketing Manager
at Hack Partners in London
(₤28000 - ₤31000 per year)
Community and Marketing Manager
Salary: £28,000 – £31,000 per annum
Our goal is to fundamentally improve the way the transport industry functions in the UK all the way from how it is governed to how it is operated. To do this, we have decided to begin innovating in the most important part of the transport network, rail.
We’ve identified that the 3 biggest barriers preventing the rail industry from using new and innovative technologies are: cultural inertia, poor implementation capabilities, and a lack of startups dedicating their time to the sector.
To address these 3 challenges we have created a set of processes to tackle each concurrently:
- We run hackathons and conferences that help attract new technical talent to the industry as well as showcasing the value that technology and increased data utilisation can have to senior industry professionals.
- Our team has partnered with some of the top consultancies in the world to create and implement new innovative technologies saving the industry time and money.
- We conduct research into the barriers to innovation that prevent startups from succeeding in the industry
Our flagship movement, the HackTrain, is leading the way by running hackathons, building tech products, and influencing policy change throughout the calendar year. The HackTrain has become well recognised for being an incredibly powerful medium for solving the industry’s biggest challenges improving operational efficiency and customer experience.
We are increasingly becoming the top choice within the transport industry for breakthrough level innovation. In order to scale and make an impact we need a world-class team to help us make a difference in this fast-growing but slow moving industry.
Together we can drive massive change within the transport industry that will see it becoming more efficient and pleasant to use for everyone. Your role will be to create and improve on any research/writing tasks for all departments. You can expect to undertake some of the following:
- Building and regularly engaging with a community of young, talented innovators interested in the HackTrain movement
- Creating our marketing strategy for all of our activities including events, reports, and consultancy services
- Impacting an entire industry through innovation based on the relationships and partnerships you build
Are you the one who can forever change the transport industry?
You will be at the heart of a truly unique movement that will have a massive impact within the UK/EU economy. Here are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Developing and executing on a marketing plan that increases the awareness of the Hack Partners brand and highlighting the range of services we offer
- Researching and writing interesting articles on behalf of the company for our monthly columns
- Working with our designer to prepare all promotional material (both print and online)
- Promoting our events to transport professionals and potential hackathon participants including while attending networking events
- Creating and managing mailing lists which can be used to regularly communicate Hack Partners’ activities and upcoming events
- Interviewing and selecting the best and brightest technical talent out there for taking part in our hackathons
- Utilising our hackathon applicant tracker and other tools for in order to filter out participants efficiently
- Reaching out to other hackathons and tech communities to form partnerships and cross promote each others’ events
- Creating new social media posts (including graphics) to share across our social media and online platforms to regularly promote Hack Partners’ activities & events.
- Liaising between the hackathon participants and the Hack Partners team
- Building relationships with transport and tech press and collaborating with them regularly
- Organising and running meetups, webinars, and outdoor activities to grow and regularly engage with the HackTrain community.
- Helping run our hackathon events during certain weekends (we run 2-3 hackathons a year)
Skills and experience desired:
- Interested in learning more about and working in the rail, transport and/or other industries; generally having an open mind and interest about the industries we work in
- Ability to self-reflect and use mistakes as an opportunity to improve
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Experience working with G-Suite services
- Ability to multitask between multiple projects
- Good attention to detail; we want someone who enjoys making things great!
- Tenacity and persistence to continually improve themselves and the company’s own processes
- Ability to research topics or themes and build on pre-existing topics or themes for content production
- People person who enjoys networking with industry professionals, interviewing potential hackathon participants, and communicating regularly with clients
- Ability to excite and inject energy into people
- Ability to forge relationships very quickly
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building a slack channel, launching engagement programmes, running event series and writing email newsletters)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events etc)
- Experience collaborating with media companies; in particular transport press
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Experience in a startup, early-stage investment or technology context
- Experience creating content for online platforms
- Strong understanding of and passion for technology and early stage companies
- Existing knowledge of the rail and/or overall transport industry
What do you get?
- The opportunity to fundamentally change and improve the transport industry
- The opportunity to engage with and work alongside our young innovators, key stakeholders in the transport industry and railtech startups
- Quarterly bonuses based on results and overall company performance
About Hack Partners
Hack Partners is a transport innovation consultancy. We deliver breakthrough level innovation to the transport industry via hackathons, consulting and tech products. Our goal is to facilitate the introduction of new technologies that drastically improve customer experience and operational efficiency in rail. Once we perfect our processes for innovation we will expand to other industries.
Within 3 years we have established partnerships with key stakeholders with Department for Transport, Network Rail, Bombardier, Transport for London, DXC Technology, Go-Ahead Group, Eurostar, SNCF, DB Trainline, SilverRail and several other leading railway organisations.
We are endorsed by the Department for Transport, including government ministers along with other senior stakeholders within the transport industry.