Senior Full Stack Engineer
at RELAYTO/ in London
Looking for a talented full stack developer ideally based in London, with co-founder ambitions.
Yes, we ask for a lot! That’s us :)
1/ About us
RELAYTO helps sales & marketers to turn documents into interactive presentations & web pages with instant branding, analytics & more. It’s a $30B opportunity to re-think B2B content for the modern age.
RELAYTO is a fast growing and award-winning tech startup that already worked with world-class enterprise clients such as Accenture, Salesforce, Mercedes Benz and PwC-Startupbootcamp. We are proud graduates of TechStars and Accenture’ Fintech Innovation Lab, Salesforce Accelerate and currently participating in the Alchemist Accelerator in San Francisco (the role is still in London).
While we have Silicon Valley DNA, our center of operations is in London, and we have remotely distributed colleagues from South Africa to Ukraine.
Curious to find out more? Check out rla.to/pitch
2/ Founders & Advisors
- Cloud Pioneer: pre-IPO at SuccessFactors through to exit to SAP for $3.4B. Stanford MBA, ex-Salesforce and Microsoft (helped launch Office 95).
- Consulting: only MBA student awarded by Foundation for Excellence in Management Consulting & Association of Management Consulting Firms in recognition of client work at Mercer Management Consulting / Oliver Wyman
- Creative + Science: contributed to 50 creative/digital awards without “creative/design training” by developing Ideas Science ™ method that leverages behavioral and neuroscience research
- Founded & built from scratch Lectrio, the next-generation online learning environment.
- Scaled SaaS business to 20+ geographies: By the time he left in 2013, Lectrio was operating in 20+ countries
- Recognized as “Exceptional Talent” by Tech City UK and won a Russian Presidential Award for top computer science students.
We have built a network of world-class Silicon Valley advisors:
- Aaron Au – Co-Founder/CTO of SuccessFactors (now CTO of SAP and head of SAP collaboration business)
- Hiroki Asai, Apple GVP Marketing, who for 15 years lead all comms and 1000-person creative team working directly with Steve Jobs
- Steve King, ex CEO of Docusign and current Executive Chairman of Nuxeo
3/ WHAT IS THE DAY TO DAY ROLE?
At RELAYTO, you will be a part of a small international team (UK, Silicon Valley & Paris), operating primarily via Slack & Asana and communicating directly with the CTO & CEO.
The responsibilities range from front-end & back-end tasks to building standalone products that are related to the core RELAYTO business. Examples of existing RELAYTO products include Document Grader (grader.relayto.com), Salesforce app, Powerpoint Extensions.
On the frontend, you will be writing new Angular modules, integrating open-source libraries, creating new interfaces, and connecting multiple API.
On the backend, you will be developing REST APIs, integrating open-source libraries, trying to break the existing backend, connecting multiple external services/APIs and growing our server farm.
In all your work there will be a constant focus on security and privacy. In addition, you will participate in brainstorming sessions about the roadmap, solutions for clients problems, and design exercises.
This position requires someone comfortable with working in Agile requirements and participating in planning meetings (with your team/other parts of the business to help explain the technology and define the requirements).
4/ WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Permission to work either in the UK or proven ability to work remotely
- Upper-Intermediate English Level
- Experience with gitflow
- Strong experience with AngularJS (1.6+) and familiar with all the tips & tricks
- Vanilla JS. We use a lot of vanilla JS libs and add Angular bindings on top
NICE TO HAVES:
- REST API concepts
- CSS3, media queries, and animation
- Familiarity with Inspector for speed, performance, and 60FPS
- Test Driven Development experience (Karma, Protractor)
- Gulp, Webpack
- Yarn, NPM
- ESLint, JSDoc
- Know to build REST API with Symfony4 (PHP)
- Passion for new technologies, such as Docker
- Strict adherence to clean code paradigms
NICE TO HAVES:
- UI Design skills via Sketch/Photoshop or similar
- REST APIs
- Experience architecting scalable software systems
- Experience scaling Apache or Nginx.
- MongoDB & MySQL/PostgreSQL
5/ WHAT DO I GET?
Once you join, these come in a package:
- Competitive remuneration + equity
- Flexible remote work via Slack, Asana & Video Hangouts
- Communications directly with the CEO, CTO & founding team
- Professional guidance from an advisory board that includes CTO of SuccessFactors (SAP)
- Ability to be impactful on projects for world-class enterprises such as Salesforce and Accenture.
- Exciting product challenges, in both architecture, product management, and user experience.
- A jerk-free culture defined by trust, respect, and empathy.
- Optional personal development in product management & business skills
Recent jobs at RELAYTO/
- Business Intern-preneur at RELAYTO/ in London 01-08-2017
- Design Intern-preneur at RELAYTO/ in London 26-07-2018