Full Stack Software Developer
at Freelancer.com in London
(₤35000 - ₤60000 per year)
Ten-time Webby award winning Freelancer.com is the world’s leading freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. A career with Freelancer.com exposes you to the fast pace of a global online business at its grass roots, designing and developing software and systems that drive our platform of over 23 million users. We also own and operate Escrow.com, a secure payments platform with over US$3 billion of transactions to date.
We opened our London office last year and we are looking for Full Stack Software Developers, from junior to senior, to join the team. If you excel at architecting web applications at scale, enjoy the challenges of writing optimised lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, have experience structuring extensible data and application logic, and are passionate about designing high-quality service APIs then we’d love to speak with you. We are a small team of Engineers pushing code between 30-40 times daily, you’ll learn from the best and have a huge impact on the company by developing the core products.
We work with cutting-edge tech in a high-performance cloud environment. You will be building features and systems that scale, you can ship code on your first day and get instant feedback from over 23 million users worldwide. We are built and run purely by Engineers and Data Scientists who work within a complete meritocracy, there is no better place to base your career and build yourself into a real polyglot expert.
Multiple positions available, ranging from junior (graduate) to mid-range and senior positions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with at least 2 popular web development languages (Python, Golang, PHP, Ruby, Node.JS).
- Relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Some experience with Linux is preferable.
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or Related). MS or PhD a plus.
- Strong background in web development at scale.
- Experience with any of: Nginx, Redis, Memcache, Varnish, performance tuning MySQL, ElasticSearch, HBase, Hadoop, etc.
- Also StatsD, Grafana, Prometheus and HHVM.
We’d love it if you have:
- A Github page with contributions to open source software.
- A portfolio which you can submit containing code which you have written. It can be anything at all but it should show off just how amazing your code is.
- Open Dashboard: Our Dashboard contains thousands of graphs and we give access to every employee. You see what the CEO sees
- Cutting Edge Tech: Learn the latest tech, push back to the community, and talk about it all in our regular meetups
- Zero Bureaucracy: You won’t need to fill out forms, argue with legal, or sit around doing nothing because you’re waiting for approval from management
- Hackathons: Quarterly hackathons allow you to build a team and hack through really exciting projects. You can work on whatever you want
- Life Changing Products: Freelancer is the primary source of income for millions of people around the world. We really do change lives and you can help us build products that leave a lasting impact on our users
- Open Communication: At freelancer you have 100% visibility from day one. We communicate openly, with daily stat reports from our data scientists, weekly product reports and town hall presentations where you can ask the CEO anything
- Amazing office: Fully stocked bar, weekly team lunches, games consoles, fully stocked kitchens, open desk seating, small product teams, as many monitors as you want, the list goes on…
This won’t be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. As a Full Stack Software Developer, you will be exposed to the fast pace of a rapidly growing global technology company. If you’re a high achiever with talent, looking for something more than a boring job in corporate, want to work with the best and brightest, don’t need to be handheld, and want to be in at ground zero with a company that has a shot at being one of the biggest sites on the internet then please contact us.
Recent jobs at Freelancer.com
- Software Engineer at Freelancer.com in London 23-08-2018
- Junior Technical Project Manager at Freelancer.com in London 20-09-2018