Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
at We Make Websites in London
Over the past decade, We Make Websites have built a reputation for creating some of the best e-commerce websites on the internet. We are known as the world’s most-trusted Shopify agency.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Finisterre, Skinnydip, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, De Beers, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a friendly team of around 25 and, despite our size, we have a big impact on the world of Shopify and e-commerce.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic full-stack developer to build Shopify Apps for our clients. Typically we use Apps to add functionality to a store or to connect it to other third party services e.g. for passing order data or showing information at checkout.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great technology.
- You will take ownership of projects and deliver best-in-class Shopify Apps.
- You will have lots of API experience, integrating in to third parties.
- You take full ownership of the app once it goes live, watching out for issues, monitoring exceptions and correcting issues if they arise.
- You will look for ways to automate & optimise to improve processes or improve deliverables.
- You take pride in delivering technical designs that consider both business and technological considerations.
- You engage with other business teams and colleagues, as well as third parties to assess the feasibility of projects, as well as time and cost and leads on the design to deliver technical solutions.
- You will nurture relationships with our development team and project managers.
- You will be passionate about performance and standards.
- You will care about the details. This is not a design role – but you will have an eye for design.
- You’ll have a good understanding of common e-commerce design patterns.
What you’ll be doing
- Full end to end delivery from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Plan and estimate development work
- Developing professional e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver Shopify Apps that either process data or add functionality to the front end.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
- Becoming an expert Shopify App development.
- 3+ years with Ruby (Roda, Sinatra, Sequel, Rails)
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
- Ability to set up apps securely on server
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience handling transactions, order data, customer data.
- Experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in a relevant subject.
- Salary 35-45K depending on experience.
- 20 days paid holiday per year. Plus 8 bank holidays. Plus your birthday off.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon, London, with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and monthly team outings.
- Add great achievements to your CV: We’re a small team and you’ll have direct influence on the successes of large, well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you’ll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks.
- If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at We Make Websites
- Front-end Web Developer at We Make Websites in London 16-04-2018