at Local E in London
(₤24000 - ₤38000 per year)
Local E is an early stage technology start-up with a clear vision to disrupt the UK’s B2C loyalty program market and make it a force for good within the local community. Our goal is simple, connect customers with local independently owned businesses in a community-based deal, offering reward services to loyal customers and a way forward for the local high street to compete and thrive in the world of big tech.
We’re looking for an ambitious and energetic sales executive (and potential future Head of Sales) to join our small entrepreneurial team and help us build something special that will impact the world for the better. We’re an early stage start-up so in addition to your core responsibilities you’ll be expected to get involved in every facet of our business. Hard work with potentially irregular working hours we admit but potentially very rewarding.
In advance of our beta product launch this summer you will work alongside Local E’s CEO and CTO refining our business partner strategy with direct responsibility for all aspects of developing and engaging with new businesses to join the Local E rewards platform. Experience dealing with restaurant and takeaways will be a plus as our initial strategy will focus on this sector. Over time you’ll be expected to become a core member of the management team, and once we’ve tested our beta product and squashed a few bugs we’ll be looking to expand, so good people skills and the ability to lead a team will be vital.
In summary, if you’re a hard-working individual who likes a challenge and wants to make a difference in a multi-discipline dynamic environment, keep reading.
Responsibilities (To name a few…)
- Identify, develop and secure new B2B partnerships (Restaurants, takeaways, retailers…)
- Provide end to end support to grow and maintain lasting business partner relationships
- Demonstrate our values and unique selling points to external third parties and business partners
- Work with senior management to develop the wider business and marketing strategy
- Help software teams to overcome technical issues and provide on the ground data support
- Assist with customer service operations, daily administration and marketing promotion
- Outgoing, self-motivated and can-do person who is passionate about providing a great service
- Resourceful problem solver with a persuasive manner
- Comfortable targeting new business partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in person, by phone, and email)
- Proven track record in Business 2 Business field sales
- Minimum 2 years’ sales experience
- Ideally experience working with restaurants and takeaways but not essential
- Experience working at a start up is not a necessity but will be a plus
- Right to work in the UK
- Fast career progression
- Work alongside a small friendly and entrepreneurial team
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fixed salary with target based bonus
- Share options
- Total package: £24,000 – £38,000 dependent on experience
If you’ve read this far, you’ll realise this role is offering a unique opportunity for a seat at the top table of a dynamic start-up trying to make a meaningful change to the local high street. Please forward a few words about yourself and your achievements as well as your CV if you’re interested in speaking to us. Looking forward to hearing from you.