Full Stack Developer
at ezyVet - Beautiful Veterinary Software in London
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
ezyVet – Beautiful Cloud Vet Software, packed full of tools and features to make any vet practice, clinic or hospital function to its full potential. Our mission is to develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally.
Our customer base has grown dramatically in a short space of time and to future proof our expansion we’re building out our established coverage around the clock. Priority number one now is to grow our Development team in London to complement our Auckland head quarters.
We grow epic careers in software development and this wonder woman (or superman) will be driving force behind our London development operations continued success. Our team is extremely fast paced and the position is suited to someone with energy and enthusiasm who can really own this pivotal role that is crucial to our company’s global growth plan. We require a self starter that sets that tone, not one to need micro managing and is comfortable with hefty responsibilities like monitoring our AWS environment while the mothership gets some sleep!
What’s the role about?
Reporting into the Development Success Manager based in our Auckland HQ, initially you will be tasked with learning the intricacies of ezyVet. Get up to speed with the environment quickly and you’ll have a variety of responsibilities but in the not too distant future you’ll build and lead a team of epic web developers focused on; migrating big data from the largest animal hospitals around the world into ezyVet, building brilliant cloud application projects and of course the all important BAU activities like smashing bugs, maintaining our global environment and all of the operational necessities that come with it. You’ll have freedom to focus on your strengths and develop your weaknesses but the truth is you’ll be challenged like you’ve never been before. You’ll lead and collaborate with a super driven team who move product at a rapid pace.
This is a huge opportunity with significant career progression and as our Full Stack Developer you will own:
- Maintaining our global development exploits while the NZ headquarters sleep
- The bug queue, ensuring the queue is kept in pristine condition and appropriately prioritised
- Collaborate with NZ counterparts to drive key KPIs to increase the customer experience in the ezyVet application
- Planning, scheduling and execution of small feature development
- Run point on urgent escalation from the support team – resulting in rapid diagnosis, accurate presentation and quick resolution to critical issues that arise
- Process improvement removing unnecessary administration, automating manual tasks, increasing visibility and enforcing said process strictly
- Collaborate with NZ counterparts to Plan, schedule and execute ezyVet new version rolls outs
- Designing and developing optimised, well-structured and elegant code
- Building most powerful conversion framework in the industry
- In time, leading and growing an epic team of Web developers, cloud environment & Conversion Engineers
- Much, much more!
- Experience in running a team of >3 (even if only a few months, we’re looking for great human beings not the number of years under their management belt)
- ~4 years commercial web development experience
- Good foundation and understanding of PHP or similar OO backend language
- Solid exposure to Cloud applications in commercial environment
- A great attitude – our team is filled with a bunch of inspirational, driven individuals that have a great attitude towards development
- Experience developing and/or consuming API’s
- Software development is an interest and not just a job – proven development success in addition to your day job
- University degree is not essential for this role but proven web development experience working in a commercial business is
Extra Points: – experience in:
- APIs and Integrations – REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- AWS, Lambda, NodeJS
- Extra programming languages – Java, C#, C++, Python
- Git, Jira, Confluence
- UX Wireframing
- Statically hosted single page applications
We are a company that is going places, does this sound like you? Then come on this journey with us.
To find out more about us check out our website at ezyvet.com or our Facebook page and Blog. Our Offices are based in Aucklands city fringe, Wandsworth London and in Frisco Dallas Texas.
When you join ezyVet…
You will be challenged like you’ve never been before. The rapid fire delivery of phenomenal outcomes is intense but the rewards are immense. ezyVet is growing at a ridiculous pace, no two days are the same and no manual exists that will tell you what to do. Information and resources are at your fingertips but it’s up to the individual to act on it to set yourself up for success. Come join the journey as we disrupt the market!