Senior Software Engineer (Vancouver, Canada)
at Zenefits in Vancouver
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React.js and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time , management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build out, and take ownership over features and projects
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating rules and regulations
A little more about you:
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail — focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js/React.js) is a plus but not required
We are hiring in our office located in Vancouver, Canada and the role will require relocation.