As the first designer to join the team, you will be shaping the entire customer experience and visual language of our art verification service. You will be designing cross-platform on web and mobile app, first working closely with the CEO and Head of Product to define our core journeys for individual artists creating certificates for their own artworks.
You’ll work on all aspects of the product design from early stage user research to iteration and optimisation:
- Conduct research to ensure we deeply understand our customers’ job to be done
- Design the user interaction for key functionality using recognised design patterns
- Define the product’s visual language and style the UI layer that makes the experience genuinely enjoyable for users
- Build prototypes to test new features, flows and designs
- Communicate with stakeholders through a wide variety of design artifacts and clearly
-presented test results
- Collaborate closely with developers to define and refine their work and quickly tackle blocking questions that come up during implementation
- Retrieve and analyse data on key customer experience metrics to determine where pain points are and helping the team decide which ones to focus on
Iterate on existing designs and flows to drive specific user behaviours and outcomes
- Influence the BVI to ensure consistency between marketing and in-product experience
- Apply good practise and to scale up to serve increasingly more customers
- Establish a strong culture of design in our growing team
This is a full-time role based in our office in Mayfair, London alongside the rest of the product team. Initially, the focus will be on getting our product ready for full public release, so there will be lots to do. You’ll be directly involved with defining the product strategy and go-to-market plan. There is tremendous potential to grow and flex your design muscles in this role and develop skills and experience to take on a senior or lead product design role.
You’re a mid-level product designer with 3-5 years experience., but you are ambitious and driven. You’re comfortable context switching between UX and UI and between desktop and mobile web. You can demonstrate how your previous designs have driven specific customer behaviours with measurable results. This might be registration, creation, conversion or other actions. Ideally, you can quantify the contribution of your design towards a specific goal.
You are proficient with a suite of design tools, especially Sketch and Figma, and are comfortable using Jira as part of an agile product team. You are resilient and up for the challenge of helping the team forge new territory in the art verification and blockchain space. You have strong and well-reasoned opinions about design based on your previous experience and data, but you’re also flexible and open with a willingness to pivot when new information comes to light.
Who we are
Verisart is a VC funded digital certification platform applying blockchain technology to transform the arts and collectibles market. We believe in giving people the power to run real time verification of provenance and new ways to store and transfer value. We’re building a decentralized title registry and exploring new types of ownership and methods of cultural participation. For more information, please visit verisart.com.
Competitive salary and stock options with opportunity to shape the use of blockchain technology for the art & collectibles market. Lively workspace in central London.