Front-end Web Developer
at We Make Websites in London
(₤28000 - ₤45000 per year)
We Make Websites make the best e-commerce websites on the internet and we’re looking to expand our in-house talent to match client demand.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Skinnydip London, Finisterre, Condor Cycles, Penguin Books, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a small, notorious team that make a big impact in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic front-end developer to help us build optimised e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. Someone who really cares about the client journey and final result, not just getting the job finished on time. We are the world’s most trusted Shopify Plus agency, so we looking for people that can design polished e-commerce experiences that are visually stunning on all screen sizes.
As a front-end developer, you’ll primarily be building Shopify e-commerce stores. What we’re looking for is a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can take designs and build HTML, CSS and JS without compromise.
- A keen problem solver, who can come up with creative answers to our clients needs.
- A solid understanding of the fundamental aspects of HTML, CSS and JS.
- Someone passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards.
- A person with their own opinions and ideas about front-end and passionate about sharing those ideas.
- Someone who understands design concepts, typography, and delivering beautiful projects.
- The ability to deliver projects that adhere to brand and design guidelines.
- Excellent aesthetic and user-focused mindset with an eye for detail.
- A good awareness of industry trends that can help us produce better work.
- Ability to communicate with clients.
- A good understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
- Basic Ruby on Rails experience
What you’ll be doing
- Building professional e-commerce stores for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working with designers, building prototypes and communicating directly with clients about your ideas.
- Translating wireframes and high-fidelity designs into fully functional stores.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and share ideas with the rest of the design and development team.
- Experience with Shopify.
- Experience designing e-commerce websites.
- Knowledge of SASS and LIQUID (Shopify’s templating language).
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- 28 days paid holiday per year + your birthday off. Office closed Christmas to New Year; work from home or take as holiday.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon – in house bake off competitions, work lunches and nights out are commonplace. Also, don’t worry, we don’t do fancy dress.
- Add great achievements to your CV, we’re a small team and your influence will be direct with some big and well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you’ll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks at your disposal via our weekly Amazon drone order.
- Company pension scheme.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including courses, equipment and training.
Add great achievements to your CV, we’re a small team and your influence will be direct with some big and well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you’ll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at We Make Websites
- Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer at We Make Websites in London 24-03-2018