Data Engineer (Python)
at GrowthIntel in London
We’re looking for an experienced developer / data engineer who’s interested in Python to join our team at GrowthIntel – we’re building the only machine learning marketing platform of its kind.
As a developer at GrowthIntel you’ll have the opportunity to work on our full-stack – including a range of cutting edge tech in an agile environment focused on solving complex AI / Machine Learning problems. You’ll be able to have a real impact on the business – working on interesting problems in data engineering and web app development.
Some of the work you’ll be involved in include:
- Large scale data engineering
- Web app development (RESTful services)
- Web crawling / Machine learning systems
- Work closely with the Data science team
- Having your ideas heard – contributing to sprint planning, the product roadmap and helping to improve and refine our agile process
- Helping shape the future of the development team e.g. by mentoring the more junior members of the team
Our tech stack is cutting edge – you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new things:
- Python (incl. pandas, scikit-learn, flask, luigi)
- Apache Spark
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years experience in a dev team working in an enterprise language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala
- You’re interested in and (ideally) have some commercial experience in Python
- Native or fluent English speaker
- Based in / can relocate to London
It’d be great if you:
- You have an enthusiasm for writing well designed and well structured code
- You’re passionate about mentoring junior colleagues
- You’re experienced with data modelling – e.g. applications backed by relational databases
- You’re experienced with NoSQL databases
- You are / have been engaged in the wider tech community (organising / presenting at meetups, tech conferences, contributions to open source community)
- Work in a collaborative team that are passionate about technology and learning
- Fantastic Health and Dental cover from Bupa
- £1000 / year training budget (e.g. for conferences / courses)
- 25 days leave (increasing with time working with us) + public holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Meals, games, outings and parties with the team
- Hack-days every 6 weeks
- Trendy co-working office space in a converted book-binding factory
- Free breakfasts every fortnight
- Free drinks at our all-hands every two weeks
Who are GrowthIntel?
GrowthIntel is a VC-funded marketing technology company based in London. We’re the only UK company using machine learning and web-crawled data to build a B2B marketing recommendation system. We’re six years old, with a team of 11 people, including six on the development team. We’re a friendly bunch with a broad range of experience – we put emphasis on sharing knowledge and supporting each other in personal growth.
GrowthIntel is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.