Senior Frontend Engineer (ReactJS/Redux)
at Tray.io in London
TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANISATION
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, Forbes, Lyft, and Digital Ocean rely on Tray to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use everyday.
We’ve built a powerful, flexible platform that can connect an organisation’s entire cloud stack using APIs. With Tray’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You’ll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You’ll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You’ll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you’ll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Your role as Frontend Engineer will be to develop the Tray Workflow Builder. The Builder provides a visual way for users to construct and configure complex business automations that route data between different web based software systems. Our software is used by a variety of different customers including world-class technology companies.
- Continue development of the Tray Builder – Future things that require work are the real-time logging system, looking into better user interfaces for data-mapping, or generally improving ease of use.
Improve code correctness and stability – We always want to ensure that our codebase is easy to modify while maintaining correctness and stability of the application. Things we have been doing recently include improving automated test coverage, and introducing automated testing and linting processes directly into our local git workflow. In the future we will continue doing this, and add a type-safe level like Flow or Typescript over our codebase.
- Deliver a fail-safe user experience – The Tray Platform is a distributed system that runs many tasks every day, on the frontend we need to ensure the user has a good experience in all intermediary or failure states, and the current status of all their jobs are well communicated.
- Help with the migration to GraphQL – We have started building newer services using GraphQL, and intend to migrate our entire API in the future, meaning we will have to adapt and write new code for a GraphQL frontend.
- Improve application performance – At Tray we believe speed is a feature and appreciate constant efforts on improving perce
ived and actual performance in our application.
- A passion for design and UX
- A comprehensive grasp of bleeding edge web standards
- The desire to learn, improve and work within a close knit team
- A strong customer focus
- Strong experience with ReactJS, Redux and ES6
We currently use:
- ES6, React, Redux, Node
- Babel, Webpack, Jest
Working for tray.io offers many perks, but the key thing is that we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Stock options
- Open holiday policy & work from home days
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Social events (Team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & company retreats)
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active, Cinema Tickets
- Bike to work scheme
- Conference budget
- We use SaaS tools wherever possible (Slack, Clubhouse.io, Quip, HelloSign) check out our stack
- Hack days
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.