at Geckoboard in London
(₤55000 - ₤69000 per year)
Geckoboard is a growing product company on a mission — we’re transforming the way businesses work by helping them make use of their data. We make it easy for our customers to create beautiful TV dashboards showing their most important business metrics.
Our Product Managers help us to make Geckoboard the best TV Dashboard product in the world. Based in our London office, you’ll be joining a team of talented engineers, designers and product managers who work in small cross-functional teams, taking a lean approach to developing and iterating on features.
We see two major challenges ahead of us: we want it to be easier for our customers to get their data into Geckoboard, and we want our customers to create dashboards so good that people will think they’d been professionally designed. Each of our Product Managers are responsible for the quality of their team’s product area and each team member understands and cares deeply about the problems we’re solving. We’re here for the long haul to create a product our customers love and we can all be immensely proud of.
Our Product Managers:
- Deeply understand Geckoboard: You’ll have an innate understanding of the problems you’re working on, through research and regularly speaking with our customers. From the nuances of the customer journey, to the ins and outs of how Geckoboard works.
- Manage the roadmap: Working with our VP of Product, you’ll scope out tasks and prioritise work so that your team is always delivering on the most impactful projects.
- Bring the team together: You will define and frame problems for your team, then collaborate with them to figure out the best solution.
- Keep everyone in the loop: From your team to the wider company, you’ll be sharing the “who, what, why and when” of product decisions and working with Marketing and Customer Success on how best to communicate what’s happening to our customers.
- Use data: You’ll gather and analyse data, both quantitative and qualitative, to ensure we’re making the best decisions about what we work on. Then, later, you’ll use this data to evaluate if your solutions help solve the problem, before and after release.
- Shape our product vision: Keeping the long-term interests and success of our customers at the forefront of your mind, paired with understanding our business strategy and the market, you’ll help guide the direction of Geckoboard.
- Help deliver the best TV Dashboard product in the world!
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for building products users love!
- You measure the quality of your work by the impact it has for real users.
- You ruthlessly slice work down into small, independently valuable pieces. Organisation might be your middle name.
- You’re a clear and persuasive communicator; you know everybody won’t always agree with your decisions, but you can bring them along.
- You are analytical and data-informed, but know that nothing beats speaking to customers to guide your decision making process.
Right now, we’re looking for Product Managers to join one of these teams:
Creating a dashboard should be quick and painless – regardless of the data you want to show on it. We never want our customers to have to resort to fiddly spreadsheet-based workarounds or custom coding – we should always be a better option than trying to build a dashboard from scratch. We look at new and existing integrations, so being comfortable with API documentation is a must in this team.
A great dashboard is a lot more than just a bunch of charts, numbers and text stretched to fill a display. A great dashboard presents data in a logical manner that is easy to read and helps people come to meaningful conclusions. It also looks great, and makes teams feel awesome! We want all of our customers to end up creating a board like this, and we’re intent on creating something that stands head-and-shoulders above all other dashboards.
The Geckoboard Story
Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build live TV Dashboards that focus teams on what matters. We take the complexity out of connecting data and make it simple for anyone to understand key metrics at a glance. We have pre-built integrations with 60+ tools including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom and Google Sheets and our customers include Marketo, Slack, and Skyscanner.
In our mission to make data useful, our growing team of 40+ is headquartered in London and span across eight time zones – from Mumbai to London, San Francisco to Hawaii and more. We’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds who bring unique perspectives and skills to join our team and in return we constantly strive to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, inclusive, and efficient environment possible.
We don’t just pay lip service to work-life balance, we actively and strongly encourage it. Flexible working hours and the ability to regularly work from home lets you work in a way that fits you and your family. We see our contractual obligation to offer 25 days of paid holiday as a minimum for everyone in the organisation, not a limit.
We actively contribute to professional development, courses, conferences, and books. Our Engineering & Product team also run fortnightly “Innovation Wednesdays”, where everyone has complete freedom to work on anything that interests them, from contributing to open source, to learning a new skill, or improving our internal tools and processes.
And, don’t take our word for it, see what the team say about the projects they work on: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood and their experience of working with us on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Geckoboard-Reviews-E878996.htm. You can also read more about our values and benefits on our Careers page at https://www.geckoboard.com/careers/.
Recent jobs at Geckoboard
- Senior Software Engineer - Frontend at Geckoboard in London 17-08-2018
- Go Developer - Backend at Geckoboard in London 17-08-2018
- Social & Community Manager at Geckoboard in London 13-09-2018