Admissions Officer (6 month contract)
at General Assembly London in London
(₤28000 per year)
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
We are now going through a stage of high grown in Europe and the Middle East as we start to bring additional campuses online.
We are looking for an admissions coordinator to join GA London’s Middle East sales team. You should be an outgoing, driven person who is keen to join one of the most exciting companies in London.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a MiSK Academy/General Assembly course. Your main goal is to screen and select the best candidates to help our Riyadh campus continue to grow, scale, and change lives. You may be happy to hear this role does not involve prospecting or cold calling, only inbound interest. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organisation.
Responsibilities include (but of course are not limited to) the following:
- Managing a robust pipeline of prospective students.
- Screening and selecting candidates based on their background, motivations and goals.
- Interviewing prospective students to ensure their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Proactively managing and responding to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Leading information sessions about our courses.
We’re looking for someone who has….
- Experience in sales, admissions, retail, or recruiting
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- The ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- The ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching in both 1:1 and many situations
- Bonus: French-speaking or Arabic-Speaking
Note: This is a 6 month contract position. There will be the option to extend this contract based on performance.