Trading System Engineer
at Principal Trading in London
We are a young and highly profitable trading firm with a strong automation and technology focus. We trade our own capital and therefore do not need to prepare sales pitches or hold client meetings. Instead, we devote our time to improving the technology stack and scaling our trading to be faster and safer. All work gets done on a collaborative basis, and everyone can directly see the impact of their work on the business.
We trade on both traditional markets and are also extensively involved in the crypto space.
What you will do as Junior-Mid Trading System Engineer
We are seeking a junior- or mid-level engineer to join our team as a full-time employee in our Central London office. In the role you will work together with other engineers and quants to extend, improve, and maintain our automated trading platform.
You will work on the whole stack of the trading platform which will give you exposure to a wide-range of technologies from low-level networking to trading strategies. You will work on connectivity to exchanges, improving further automation of our research and trading infrastructure, and extend our capability to trade on new venues.
Internship applications are welcome too.
Qualities that will make you an ideal fit
- Enjoy working in an informal and fast-paced environment
- Quick to learn and have good attention to detail
- Excited to contribute to and own parts of a rapidly-evolving codebase
- Strong programming skills in either Java, Go, C++, or Rust
- Working knowledge of Linux and network protocols, such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, and WebSocket
- Familiar with real-time applications and event-driven systems
- Familiar with AWS or other major cloud providers
- Familiar with Ansible, Terraform, or other infrastructure automation tools