at Hoop in London
(₤22000 per year)
Across the UK hundreds over 700,000 families use Hoop to discover and book activities their kids will love. For thousands of activity organisers our platform is a source of new customers and critical tool for managing their business. Picked by Apple as one of their ten best apps in both 2016 and 2017, Hoop has quickly become the must-have app for parents everywhere.
About Partnerships At Hoop
Over 10,000 organisers rely on Hoop to market their activities and reach new families. Our Partnerships team helps to make this happen, connecting with these businesses and ensuring they get the most from our platform. We’re commercially focused and push to ensure Hoop keeps doing our best work for the families and businesses that rely on us everyday.
About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate graduate to join our team as we expand across the UK. The successful candidate will be a natural relationship builder, good with numbers and super organised. Parents love Hoop, and we’re growing rapidly. This is an amazing opportunity for someone to start a career in Account Management and help to build something brand new. Working directly with the Head of Partnerships, you’ll get stacks of support and learn lots within the role. Join our mission to bring Hoop to millions of families across the country.
Our activity listings connect families with thousands of event organisers and class providers across the country. These businesses are hugely varied – from a stay and play that operates out of the local Scout hall, to a franchised drama group based in hundreds of sites across the country. We’ve even come across trampoline classes and baby breakdancing!
Hoop is a major source of new customers for these activity organisers. To help us build positive, commercial relationships with these businesses, you’ll be inviting them to use our booking platform – Hoop for Organisers. By enabling activity organisers to manage their availability and accept bookings on Hoop, you will play a key role in making the app even more useful for families.
The successful candidate will be helping to develop warm inbound leads and build brand new relationships from scratch. They will also be supporting the Head of Partnerships and should feel confident managing admin and developing processes. We expect the role to be primarily desk based but the applicants should also be willing to travel where necessary.
- Smart – graduate with a 2:1 degree or above
- Confident – an articulate ‘people person’ with excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn – ready to hit the ground running and, where necessary, improvise to get the job done
- Commercially savvy – a natural negotiator who understands what’s best for the user, the company and the activity organiser
- Effective communicator – able to build rapport quickly and at ease talking to businesses in person and over the phone
- Tenacious – a resilient problem solver who can overcome setbacks quickly
- Analytical – shows strong numeracy skills and comfortable managing large data sets
- Hard working – as an individual and as part of a team
- Ambassador – ready to represent Hoop and excite people about our brand
- Focussed – can prioritise lots of competing priorities, and be relied on to hit deadlines. Has a ‘no task too small’ attitude
- Super organised – a multi-tasker that makes light work of admin
- Prepared to get your hands dirty – sometimes it’s all hands on deck at a startup!
- The opportunity to make an impact on the lives of families across the UK
- A competitive salary and equity package
- Be part of a rapidly growing company at the early stage growth
- Personal allowance to attend workshops, conferences or complete an online course
- Regular lunches, office drinks and lots of cake
- A longer lunch break to go for a run, take a class or hit the gym
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do and share their knowledge
- Get an interest free loan to buy a bike or an annual travel card
- A shiny Mac and Aeron chair
Our desire is to make Hoop as diverse as the communities we serve and so place no judgement on you based on gender, ethnicity, sexuality or religion. We actively hire, promote and let go based on our values.
Hoop was founded in 2015 with the mission to inspire, educate and entertain children out of the home.
Come do work with meaning.