Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. We believe nobody should have to put up with long-term contracts and surprise costs left right and centre - with Drover you select your favourite car, keep it as long as you want, swap or cancel, downgrade or upgrade any time, all for a single all-in price. We’re laser focused on establishing car subscription as the defining industry category of our time. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
Thanks to an incredible 60-strong team in London and Lisbon and the backing of world-class investors including Version One, Forward Partners, Cherry Ventures, Partech and BP Ventures, we have already handled tens of thousands of bookings since our launch just two years ago. But we have barely just begun... Come on board and join the ride!
We are looking to hire the next star Analyst to join our Risk team. You'll be helping connect the dots between data sources to detect and control risks in a highly dynamic commercial and regulatory environment. Your day-to-day will vary from assessing and risk-scoring customer applications and monitoring internal compliance, to projects to creatively minimise our insurance claims ratio through smart use of data. In particular, you can expect to:
- Use data and insights to identify opportunities and risks;
- Analyse and profile customer risks as well as develop and inform new products;
- Look for trends, irregularities and inefficiencies in the business and devise solutions;
- Take ownership of a number of projects from inception to delivery; and
- Work closely with the product and front-line teams to ensure changing processes are effectively implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university and evidence of exceptional academic performance
- High level of proficiency in Excel, a good grasp of SQL
- Strong communication skills: the ability to break down complex concepts and methodologies
- Deeply analytical mindset able to work with large datasets and interpret trends
- A passionate, tenacious problem-solver not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- An organised individual with excellent attention to detail
- STEM background
- 1-2 years’ experience in a data science or analytics role
- Some knowledge of basic coding
- Experience at a hyper-growth startup
- Strong passion for startups, especially those focused on transport/mobility
- The opportunity to become one of the early employees at an ultra fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- An international environment: we are 18 nationalities working in two offices (London and Lisbon) - expect a couple of work trips to Lisbon!
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- Top-notch kit. We'll get you a shiny new laptop!
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Awesome startup office overlooking Regent's Canal, with a ping-pong table and an Oculus Rift
- Free fruit and coffee
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Friday drinks
- Monthly socials, biannual team retreats to exciting European destinations to celebrate milestones (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)