Business Development Manager
at ExpoCart in London
Based in London, this is an exciting opportunity to become an early member of our sales team in an ambitious tech start-up in the exhibition industry.
We’re seeking an ambitious and charismatic Business Development Manager to help shape the next phase of ExpoCart so if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact then this role is for you and we’d love to hear from you!
ExpoCart is the easy way for exhibitors to order everything for their exhibition stands throughout the UK. Through our e-commerce marketplace, we’ve been creating the simplest and most convenient way to hire and buy equipment through our extensive network of trusted partners.
Exhibitors can choose from a curated range of products including furniture, payment systems, props to audio visual equipment and printing all in one place enabling them to seamlessly order everything they need for their exhibitions.
We’re backed by one of Europe’s leading seed funds, Local Globe who were early investors in Zoopla, Secret Escapes, MOO, Transferwise and also Fuel Ventures which is headed up by Mark Pearson, the founder of MyVoucherCodes. Thanks to our amazing 12 strong team, we are proud to have been listed as one of the Top 100 Startups in the UK in 2017 and 2018. We are now in a position where we are looking to grow faster than ever with a global aspiration!
As an early member of our team, you’ll have the chance to hit the ground running and take full ownership for your sales funnel since you’ll be opening leads, engaging exhibitors and closing your own deals whilst spreading the word about ExpoCart. You’ll play a key role in accelerating and growing our customer base by building key relationships with exhibitors around the world.
To excel at this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter, have an impressive ability to build rapport with people quickly and a willingness to go above and beyond for our customers. We’re a close knit team and the working environment is fun, fast paced and ambitious so it would definitely suit someone who relishes this and is up for a challenge!
- At least 2 years experience in a sales or business development role.
- Experience in a startup is preferable
- An insatiable drive to succeed and obsessive about achieving results!
- Excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails
- Natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills & experience using CRM systems as you’ll be expected to juggle multiple tools
- Show commercial awareness and are KPI driven
- Capacity to multi-task and think on your feet
- A degree from a good university or equivalent experience
- Fluency in at least 1 other European language such as French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Italian is a plus but not essential
- A competitive salary dependent on experience
- Uncapped commissions, £40k – £60k OTE
- Opportunity to grow with us and make a big impact
- Friendly & close knit team!
- Vibrant office environment complete with coffee on tap, deck chairs, free snacks, PS4 & table tennis!
- Tuesday pizza night, Friday beers & drinks
- Discounted gym membership
We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to join us in our journey and play a key part in our young, fast growing business as it scales!
Recent jobs at ExpoCart