CTO At Sheffield EdTech Scaleup
at Tutorful in Sheffield
(₤70000 - ₤110000 per year)
We are looking to hire a CTO to join our growing team in Sheffield.
Tutorful is on a mission to redefine the private tutoring industry. Having started in 2015, we are now helping almost 10,000 students every week across the UK. We have received backing from a leading VC and several prominent tech executives, and have raised over £1m to help realise our vision.
We are now looking for a talented and hands-on CTO who shares our passion for education and technology, and who can help us define and build a revolutionary tutoring company. The role will include:
- Defining the technical and architectural direction of the platform.
- Leading a team of 9 engineers and working closely with the product team using agile development methodologies.
- Continuing to build and develop the engineering team as the company grows.
- Working closely with the CEO and other senior management.
- You have experience with a growing technology company, transitioning from a small team to a large and impactful company.
- You love problem solving and are creative enough to see problems where no-one else can see them.
- You are equally at home contributing to the code base as running an effective team meeting.
- You couple an excellent understanding of technology with a good product sense to deliver elegant solutions to hard problems.
Your skills should include:
- Experience with LAMP or LEMP stacks.
- A deep understanding of scalable infrastructure and architecture, including AWS and Docker.
- A good knowledge of modern testing and deployment methods.
Salary will be extremely competitive, including a large equity component.
Please send a covering letter along with your CV if you are interested in this role. We look forward to hearing from you.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.