CTO At Sheffield EdTech Scaleup
at Tutorful in Sheffield
(₤70000 - ₤110000 per year)
We are looking to hire a CTO to join our growing team in Sheffield.
Tutorful is on a mission to redefine the private tutoring industry. Having started in 2015, we are now helping almost 10,000 students every week across the UK. We have received backing from a leading VC and several prominent tech executives, and have raised over £1m to help realise our vision.
We are now looking for a talented and hands-on CTO who shares our passion for education and technology, and who can help us define and build a revolutionary tutoring company. The role will include:
- Defining the technical and architectural direction of the platform.
- Leading a team of 9 engineers and working closely with the product team using agile development methodologies.
- Continuing to build and develop the engineering team as the company grows.
- Working closely with the CEO and other senior management.
- You have experience with a growing technology company, transitioning from a small team to a large and impactful company.
- You love problem solving and are creative enough to see problems where no-one else can see them.
- You are equally at home contributing to the code base as running an effective team meeting.
- You couple an excellent understanding of technology with a good product sense to deliver elegant solutions to hard problems.
Your skills should include:
- Experience with LAMP or LEMP stacks.
- A deep understanding of scalable infrastructure and architecture, including AWS and Docker.
- A good knowledge of modern testing and deployment methods.
Salary will be extremely competitive, including a large equity component.
Please send a covering letter along with your CV if you are interested in this role. We look forward to hearing from you.
Recent jobs at Tutorful
- Senior Growth Manager at Tutorful in Sheffield 15-11-2018