City Manager - Edinburgh
at Lavanda in London
Lavanda is a UK “proptech” startup shaping the future of property rental by putting the sharing economy at its heart. By wrapping residential homes in our hospitality experience and offering it them as short or mid-term rental, we boost their desirability and maximise occupancy throughout the year.
WHY ARE WE EXCITING?
At Lavanda our mission is to create value for property owners and investors through premium hospitality, technology and data. To execute on this, we’ve brought together a team of proven world-class entrepreneurs from across the hospitality, property and tech industries to hone a brand and service that challenges a multi £billion industry. With a proven model that is backed by some of the UK’s most prestigious angel investors, we’re now well funded and growing fast.
We invite you to join a team of like-minded entrepreneurs and play your part in helping us build a business and brand that will shape the future of the residential property sector.
We’re looking for a dynamic, versatile and self-starting City Manager to help massively scale our service in Edinburgh. You’ll be thrown in at the deep end, helping to build our operations and partnerships from scratch. Reporting into the General Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering a flawless experience to our guests, ensuring all our operations come together at the right place and right time. You will also make sure that ad hoc issues are prioritised and dealt with promptly, delegating them to a team of in house experts and trusted 3rd parties.
We expect you to be hungry for the next challenge in this role, making sure things are ticking over and always ready to jump to action when required. This is not your typical 9-5 job!
You’ll have a team of engaged, like-minded people around you that will support and mentor you.
Daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the scheduling of housekeeping tasks
- Managing and procuring stock
- Coordinating transport and logistics
- Key management
- KPI reporting
- Hiring and training new staff
- Performance management
- Interfacing with other key departments within the business
- Process review and optimisation
Problem solver – No matter what, you keep a cool head and enjoy working through them, understanding how to prioritise your time to work on what’s most valuable.
Forward thinking – you understand the big picture of what we are trying to achieve and know how this fits into the decisions you make.
Be a great communicator – more than in any other role at Lavanda, the geographic distance between our head office in London and you in Edinburgh means you must have exceptional communication skills.
Detail focused – a sharp attention to detail and a consistent drive to deliver a high standard are key. Every guest you interact with is different and every day that you work will come with new challenges and you’ll need to be able to focus on the details that matter most.
- You hold a good degree (2:1 or above) from a top-tier university.
- You’re motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. You’re not only an autonomous problem-solver and confident decision-maker who understands what it means to create value. You’re also hungry for responsibility and want to progress fast within the business.
- You’re driven by the challenge to build and structure your role and any related processes, balancing both the short and long-term needs of the business.
- You are technology savvy and understand the critical role that tech plays in scaling complex operations.
- You take huge pride in how you are perceived by your colleagues and customers (both internal and external), and are always happy to dig deep and go the extra mile whenever required. You only stop when the job is done.
- You’re passionate about the sharing economy and its potential to disrupt both the property and hospitality industries.
- Competitive salary package
- Generous equity package in the form of tax efficient EMI options for the right candidate
- Technology allowance
- Frequent social events with an awesome team!