General Business Intern
at AutoTrip in London
General Business Intern – Strategy, Sales & Marketing (paid)
Full/part-time | Flexible duration | Bankside/London Bridge area
AutoTrip is radically improving the way drivers in the workforce manage their daily lives, taking the mundane and tedious task of logging mileage expenses, and automating it through an easy to use software solution (and soon to come app!). We’ve built an industry-leading mileage capture system, and applied machine learning techniques to improve trip accuracy, intelligently collating data points for a great user experience, and to ensure they get rid of horrible expense forms for good.
Led by its serial entrepreneur MD, AutoTrip successfully closed a funding round in March 2018. The final phase of its core product is near complete, funds have been secured, the team is being built out to embark on commercialising the business by growing its existing customer base, along with future tech development.
AutoTrip is a small team that has received close to £1m in funding through angel investment, crowdfunding, the Mayor’s London Co-Investment Fund and Sustainable Accelerator. It also won a competition and grant funding with the government backed Innovate UK as part of a consortium relating to connected autonomous vehicles.
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate/recent graduate wanting all-round, hands on business experience exposure – not just making cups of tea and photocopying for the boss. You will be working alongside our serial entrepreneur managing director and senior (but young!) management team. The role will be an excellent kick-start to a business career.
Our ideal candidate is someone looking to work in the SME sector rather than a multinational, has all round ability, a real passion for business, the makings of an entrepreneur and possibly looking to go into business themselves at some point in the future.
Depending on strengths of the individual, there are opportunities to assist the business in marketing, sales, operations, customer service, finance and tech development.
What you will be gaining experience in:
- Market segmentation review: determine where new marketing activities would be best focused on for strongest return on investment
- Implement customer surveys to gain feedback for future development of our software
- Conduct market research so we can stay updated on industry trends
- Marketing: search for relevant news and content for blogs, our website and social media
- Product testing: crash test our tech offering to help in future development and improvements
- Business intelligence: update our competitor analysis and test other offerings
- Customer service: help implement new systems to manage customer service and get directly involved with customer support on a day to day basis
- Data analysis: working with a new CRM to help move across previous relevant data and analysis of this data
- Sales: directly respond to inbound enquiries and assist business development of larger accounts
- Content review: help ensure all content is on-brand and consistent concerning style, tone of voice and quality
- Generally support the MD and senior management team
Who you are:
- Recently completed or part way through a MBA, business degree or similar
- Looking for hands-on general business experience in an early stage business
- Enthusiastic, wanting to learn and are a fast learner
- Motivated and can drive projects independently
- Highly organised
- Comfortable with data and technology
- Great communicator both written and verbal
- Employment Benefits
As well as offering a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution, AutoTrip provides the following benefits:
- Paid position
- Full or part time
- Flexible duration
- First hand experience directly from a serial entrepreneur and experienced senior
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference
- Opportunity to join an early stage business poised for expansion
- A fast-paced and exciting challenge within a wide range of business areas
- A lively fun co-workspace in a great location close to the Tate Modern
Recent jobs at AutoTrip
- Marketing Manager at AutoTrip in London 23-04-2018
- Customer Operations Manager at AutoTrip in London 17-05-2018
- Content Marketing Executive at AutoTrip in London 31-05-2018
- Front End Developer (React.js) at AutoTrip in London 01-06-2018