Front End Digital Designer
at Akkroo in London
(₤30000 - ₤39000 per year)
Akkroo is a dynamic and fast paced tech scale up, addressing the broken methods around collecting and processing leads from events. We are the pioneers of Event Lead Capture, offering a quality solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses all over the world.
We’re 5 years into our journey, having developed our platform and established global success. You would be joining a mature startup which has roots and a foundation, but still huge scope for growth and innovation. When better to get involved with a company?
We are looking for a passionate, creative and driven Designer/ Web Developer, who is looking to work somewhere innovative where they can truly make an impact.
As our Visual Designer, you will work be responsible for the design, creation and delivery of Akkroo’s online and digital marketing materials with the goal of educating, informing, entertaining and driving our future customers to take action. Your day-to-day work will include:
- Designing and developing aspects of our front-end marketing website
- Designing and building landing pages and other web marketing content
- Graphical content for social media; profiles, banners, adverts etc.
- Email design, code, creation and testing
- Creating and (ideally) illustrating infographics
- Creation of customer-facing downloadable assets such as guides, as well as visual interpretation of written content
- Graphical content for display banners for our paid search, re-marketing and partners
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone who is creative and passionate about design. You’ll also need to be a strong front end coder, comfortable with using HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrable experience: We would like to see and hear you talk through examples of your process through to the final designs. You will have at least two years of experience designing for a B2B audience, ideally within the SaaS, Events or tech space.
- A head for marketing and a passion for design: As a Digital Designer you will interpret a broad range of briefs in different digital formats, and apply high-quality design thinking to your work.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal): Self editing, copy-checking and attention to detail are musts.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-stuck-in attitude: We’re a startup, no two days will be the same. Not everything has a process yet, and you’ll work with different people and different depts all the time. This needs to be something that excites rather than deters you!
The hard skills we’re looking for:
- Digital design and vector design (we use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Cross-platform email design and testing
- Experience with landing page tools or templating languages and systems (we use HubSpot landing pages)
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
SALARY AND PERKS
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £30 – £35k for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow so this won’t be stagnant, as long as you are hitting your targets! A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (you have to see it to believe it), you would join an incredibly friendly but high achieving team. You can also enjoy…
- Free fruit, coffee, a selection of teas and ample breakfast options
- A Macbook Air or Pro, along with magic mice and keyboards!
- Monthly lunches (we’ll get the bill!)
- Equity in the business
- A generous quarterly reading allowance
- Holiday flexibility
- Amazing work space. We’ve just moved to shiny new offices in Brixton!
Apply directly through the WIS website, or skip a step and apply here
We are a genuinely tenacious and forward thinking company – get involved!
Recent jobs at Akkroo
- Visual/ Digital Designer at Akkroo in London 01-08-2018
- Senior Account Executive (B2B SaaS Sales) at Akkroo in London 22-08-2018
- QA (SaaS Software Tester) at Akkroo in London 31-08-2018
- Product Manager at Akkroo in London 04-09-2018