UX Designer/Service Designer
at Bit Zesty Ltd in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
We are a digital innovation and user experience agency that uses technology to help our clients succeed. We’ve been helping government, charities, corporates and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009.
Relationships, innovation and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. And our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
What is it like being a UX/Service Designer at Bit Zesty
At Bit Zesty, being a UX/Service Designer is about design thinking, communication and attention to detail. It is about creating digital products and services – including web apps, websites and mobile apps – that meet our clients’ user and organisational needs.
We are looking for a mid or senior level UX Designer/Service Designer. Depending on your exact skills and experience, you will do some of the below activities:
- Work closely with Product/Delivery Manager and clients helping them achieve product vision.
- Run ideation workshops, create user journey maps and service blueprints to get a shared understanding.
- Conduct user research work – including user interviews, usability tests, surveys, research reports and personas.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype by following UX best practices, for example, those advocated by GDS or NNG.
- Estimate work, prepare and update project plans; help with bids and proposals.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX/Service Design practices and contribute to the company’s blog.
To succeed in this role, you should be:
- Experienced as mid or senior level Service Designer, User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Educated to a University Degree level (first or upper second class).
- Willing to be “the UX team of one” as well as work as part of a larger project team.
- Passionate about good UX – appreciation of NNG & GDS practices is a bonus.
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Great teammate – we appreciate and always help each other.
- Acting with integrity – we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Smart – we are critically thinking individuals who can problem solve and learn new industries as well as concepts easily.
- Committed to quality – whether it is a good user experience, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Task-focused – for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock
- Fun-loving – we like to laugh, socialise and build lasting friendships with your colleagues.
What do we offer in return?
- Friendly, smart and hard-working team.
- Central London location (Islington – Angel).
- 25 days holidays (+bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Full kitchen facilities.
- Free fruits, snacks and beverages.
- Roof terrace for hot summer days.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy week.
- £40K – £60K salary depending on experience.
If you feel that you are up for a challenge, please apply with a cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for the role and include your CV and, ideally, portfolio.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.