Internship at startup
at ELTCO in London
I am looking for an exceptionally talented and driven Intern to join the team. This can be on a full time basis or part time basis around your existing work or study commitments.
This isn’t a role for the faint-hearted. You’ll be working with and learning from a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial individual who has a track record of launching and rapidly building successful companies. The role will be fast paced and the focus will be on executing quickly in order to prove a concept and gain initial traction. You’ll make plenty of mistakes but learn quickly from them, pick yourself up and continue to back everything up with data and logic.
About the role
- You’ll help build a company from the ground up and quickly get exposure to everything from sales, marketing, ops, finance and product
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll help us develop our understanding of the sector and suggest changes to our model based on your learnings
- You’ll benchmark against competitors to quickly identify what they’re doing well and not so well.
- You’ll help identify supply and get them onboard.
- You’ll help build out initial processes, identify off-the-shelf products and services out there which could aid our growth in the short term until our our tech has caught up.
- You’ll help identify potential partnership opportunities and work to get them engaged.
- You’ll have a positive attitude with the ability to execute.
- You’ll be a logical thinker having graduated with degree from a leading University and be ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a solid track record of achievement – e.g. you have worked in a top tech company and/or startup, have quickly assumed responsibilities or have won competitions or awards (academic, sport, professional etc)
- You’ll be analytical and have the ability to take insight from large amounts of data using tools such as SQL or Excel.
- You’ll thrive on taking ownership of big problems and creating elegant solutions which can be demonstrated through previous work projects you’ve been involved in.
- You’ll be a people person and naturally be at ease working with everyone from carers, care recipients and family members through to potential business partners.
- You need to be highly adaptable to change with the ability to execute on decisions quickly as well as being able to prioritise and re-prioritise quickly depending on business goals.
- You’ll be able to cope in a high pressure environment where many things are far from perfect.
- You can make a good business case and convince people to help you execute.
- You’ll learn a load of stuff in a very short time.
- You’ll be helping to launch a new business from the ground up.
- You’ll have a real opportunity to develop and take on more responsibility as we grow.
- Internship salary.
- Meaningful equity if you stay on and take a permanent position.