Sponsorship Sales Executive
at Skills Matter in London
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team of like-minded people helping some of the coolest tech companies achieve their engagement objectives through our sponsorship packages.
Good Base Salary (level will depend on experience) + Uncapped Commission, realistic OTE and Benefits
You will open doors to London’s most innovative start-ups, tech businesses retail, media and finance companies to assist them in finding ways for their tech teams to harness and fulfil their true potential through learning, collaborating and training!
This is not a ‘cold calling’ role – you will be engaging with and extending our partnerships with existing members, partners, sponsors and supporters. Many of our clients are household names that you will recognise, some are too cool for the wider world to understand and some will be household names in the future – with our help of course!
• Engaging with our current marketplace using a variety of methods including Social Media, Phone, Email, in person at meetings and networking events
• Ensuring the CRM is kept up to date with relevant information
• Reviewing sales performance (own)
• Negotiating contracts/packages
• Striving to achieve monthly and annual targets
• Previous Corporate Sponsorship Sales experience is essential for this role, although this does not have to be in a Technology or tech related company.
• An understanding of and/or interest & passion for technology.
• Excellent Verbal and Written English Skills.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Ideally you will be degree level educated (or equivalent)
• Some previous Social Media Marketing experience
Who are we?
We are a community of software craftsmen and women, with a passion for tackling complex engineering challenges, and for sharing our skills and experience with others. With 140,000+ passionate, experienced, and highly engaged members, we’re one of Europes’ largest software developer communities.
Every day, hundreds of us get together at our CodeNode venue which is the UK’s largest venue designed for technology events.
A buzzing hive of activity, CodeNode provides 23,000 sq. ft of community meet-up, conference, training and collaboration space with unrivalled technology capabilities and great transport links in the heart of Tech City and the financial district.
Why join our team?
You will be working with an industry respected Head of Sales and a team of like-minded people who are all pulling in the same direction.
Are we healthily competitive? Yes! Will we stab you in the back to ‘get the deal’? Absolutely not!
We want you to be the best sales executive that you can be, you will receive training (both on the job and external) and there is a career path should you choose it!
Apart from the opportunity to grow and learn in arguably the fastest growing industry sector you will also receive uncapped commission and the following benefits:-
• 22 days annual holiday, increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days per year.
• Contributory pension (up to 2.5%).
• Healthy Snacks and drinks provided in the office
• One of the perks of working for a company that runs events is the extra food that is often provided by professional caterers – think mini salmon and cream cheese bagels, croissants, thai green curry, chilli, doughnuts – delicious!
• Participate in the company private health scheme with subsidised Virgin Gym membership;
• Smart Phone allowance – £35 per month to operate your own smart phone.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Fun Forum – monthly team events – recent events include Cheese and Wine tasting night, Games night, Ping pong tournament, Hawaiian fun…
• Seasonal company events – Summer party, Christmas party etc
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
Recent jobs at Skills Matter
- F,P&A Analyst - Scale up tech focussed company at Skills Matter in London 12-06-2018
- Sales Executive - Training Courses/Sponsorship/Conferences at Skills Matter in London 12-07-2018
- Enterprise Sales - Subscriptions at Skills Matter in London 12-07-2018
- Social Media Marketeers x 3 at Skills Matter in London 13-07-2018
- Content and Copy Creator at Skills Matter in London 13-07-2018