at Hyperion Development in London
The Education Lead role at HyperionDev is unique in the industry and in the world. As the Education Lead at HyperionDev, you must have a passion for education fused with strong computer science and programming skills plus a proven track record of heading the delivery of quantitatively provable high quality education programme. You must feel strongly about improving the quality of coding and software development education, and making programming available to everyone. You must be excited about education, and the real impact it makes on people’s lives, and you must desire to see your students succeed.
You will support a programme for sourcing, training and supporting our online mentors to ensure that all our educators fit in with our values, and are able to consistently provide excellent education and service standards that match the expectations of our students and our employers.
You will also co-lead a 3 year education project in partnership with the South African Jobs Fund training over 1,000 previously disadvantaged and currently unemployed low income youth on HyperionDev’s online courses – the largest software development training project in South Africa and one of the most socially impactful. You will balance demands of our traditional consumer facing online courses with this project in a way that maximises impact for students and our partners.
You will support relationships with Computing Education/Developer Ecosystem EMEA leads at both Facebook and Google and lead your team in effectively working with these partners to ensure HyperionDev is producing cutting-edge coding education content in partnership with these organisations.
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our team consists of former Google, Amazon and PwC employees, former executive team members of some of South Africa’s top startups, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
You must be driven to prove the world wrong and have a belief that our online coding bootcamp education will change the lives of those that participate for the better and make a lasting impact on the African and international EdTech ecosystem. Join us at a time when we are reinventing online education.
- Utilise data to define and monitor educational outcomes for students of our online courses and bootcamps
- Implement learning, mentoring and student-engagement initiatives to enhance completion rates and graduation rates
- Institute a program of technical training and continuous professional development for mentors to ensure high quality mentorship
- Support the implementation of a model for mentor sourcing to increase the HyperionDev mentor network (holding a specialization in web/mobile/software development and available at different time zones) and ensure an active pool of part-time and contractual mentors
- Support the management of all full-time, part-time and contractual mentors, identifying gaps in mentor performance, and ensuring timely support or intervention where required
- Support the content development team and provide pedagogical and technical support to to ensure that our content remains industry relevant for employers and challenging yet engaging for students
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of programming experience/ability in a core programming language such as Java, Python, C#, or C++
- At least 1 year of of education experience managing/training teams of mentors/educators/tutors
- Experience and interest in designing and developing interactive learning experiences
- Interest in recent pedagogical advances in computing and online education
- Interested and experiene in the coding education and ed-tech space
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing large budgets, hiring and firing, and defining company culture and processes at scale
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A problem-solving and positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to craft and maintain student CRM systems, spreadsheets, and collate student data
- Start-up mentality and the desire to see HyperionDev succeed
- An interest in the future of education and online learning
Recent jobs at Hyperion Development
- Mid-Senior API Developer at Hyperion Development in London 18-07-2018