Marketing Assistant at an exciting Education Start-Up
at Get My Grades in London
(₤22000 - ₤24000 per year)
Get My Grades is an innovative ed-tech company that has developed and about to launch their new online learning Platform based in Woolwich, SE18.
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant who would like to gain some practical experience within the education/technology sector, utilise his/her skill sets and have the opportunity to contribute to the business growth and development of our exciting ed-tech start-up. The successful candidate will be involved in assisting our co-founder, Sam, with all of our marketing, advertising, PR and social media as well as with many of her other duties.
- Passionate about Education and would like to create a real impact.
- You have some knowledge about the UK education system or a thirst to learn more.
- Organised, focused and always “on it”.
- Unflustered under pressure.
- Able to spot the things that need to be done without them being pointed out.
- An excellent communicator, and able to get along with just about anyone.
- Motivated by seeing a happy, productive team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a degree, 2:1 or higher.
- Has experience using Adobe Illustrator
- Has experience using wordpress
- Is an excellent communicator, verbally, visually and literary.
- Is a people person and a team player.
- Is entrepreneurial, proactive and creative.
- Is highly self-motivated and initiative-taking.
- Is thorough and has great attention to detail.
You will be involved in supporting the Head of Operations with all of our Marketing tasks, which include (but not limited to):
- Creating and scheduling social media posts
- Taking responsibility for producing and maintaining press packs and press releases
- Tracking google adwords
- Monitoring google analytics
- Writing blogs or publishing blogs that other team members have written
- Maintaining our social media platforms
- Updating pages our WordPress Landing Site
You would also be able to get hands-on experience in many other aspects of Get My Grades, including:
- Compiling finance projections/reports
- Amending/updating our business plan
- Assisting customer service enquiries
- Writing internal policies documents
- Taking any telephone calls
- Testing our Platform
- Invoicing customers
- Filing contracts
- Organise internal company events, such as our launch party
- Organise trade shows
- Attend trade shows
- Lending a helping hand to other teams
This is a great opportunity for someone who is really proactive and looking to receive a great deal of training in many different areas across a business. There are plenty of projects to get stuck into, including the launch of our new platform. This role has many opportunities and for the right candidate pending a successful pass of probation. The Get My Grades team thrives on creativity and innovation and you will be instrumental in working across all of our teams to encourage new ideas and help bring them to fruition.
The position is full-time (9:00am-5:30 pm) based from our office in Woolwich, London. We are currently a very close-knit family team of 12 and our 2-year-old son is around the office in the evenings too, so you must be able to fit in with that type of mindset!
£22,000 per annum (but negotiable if you have more direct experience)
25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays
Inclusion in our Company bonus scheme once introduced after launch
If we hit our sales targets, the whole team will be going skiing and to Barbados in 2019!
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to Samantha.
Recent jobs at Get My Grades
- Maths Content Creator – £23-25k – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 30-08-2017
- Content Executive – £22-25k – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 13-03-2019
- Senior Front-End Developer – Competitive Salary – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 13-03-2019
- Customer Support Executive – £19-22k – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 13-03-2019
- Science Content Creator – £23-25k – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 13-03-2019
- English Content Creator – £23-25k – Get My Grades at Get My Grades in London 13-03-2019