Social Media Creative
at Cherryz in London
ABOUT US & THE JOB
Cherryz is a VC-backed startup with the goal to make online shopping the little things in life fun and affordable. We’re a small team and just at the beginning of our journey; there’s still loads to do and we need more incredible people that share our vision to create an amazing online brand for low-value items.
We are looking for a Social Media Creative to join us as one of our first ten hires. Having ‘a strong interest’ in Twitter or Instagram won’t cut it for this role – we’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social 24/7. Ideally, you have at least one personal account with 5k+ followers.
For Cherryz, organic social plays a key role for brand building, customer success and supporting the paid channels in driving new and repeat business. So we’re looking for someone who really ‘gets’ social when it comes to creating unique and consistent content.
While being a rockstar writer is absolutely essential for this role you’ll also create the visual concepts for your posts. We do have an in-house designer but the more you can do yourself, the better.
You’ll spend most of your time on FB, Insta and co but we’ll also rely on you to write copy for all other areas of the business. So it’s key that you can adapt your tone of voice depending on audience and context.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Social media posts
- So far we’ve only pushed FB where we now have ~20k followers. One of your first tasks will be to test and if promising grow other channels.
- Create unique and consistent social media posts with the help of our in-house designer.
- Video works great on social so if you have any ideas how to make inexpensive video posts, let’s hear!
- Design creative campaigns to acquire new customers (e.g. giveaways) and drive repeat purchases (segmentation).
Other recurring campaigns
- Conceptualise and write email newsletters
- Write push notifications for our app
- Create ‘viral’ content (articles, top10 lists, etc.)
- General tone of voice
- Product descriptions
- Reply to and manage comments, DMs, reviews, etc.
- In the beginning, help managing (the very few) customer queries we get via email. When these become more, create guidelines and canned responses for customer support team.
- 1 year of full-time work experience in a comparable role, ideally in a fast-growing startup
- British English native speaker
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university and evidence of exceptional academic performance
We’re a small team with next to no hierarchy. If you have an idea, we’ll listen. If you want to try something new, we’ll support you. So if you’re a self-starter who’s keen to learn, Cherryz is the right place for you!
Our office is on Kingsland Road in Dalston, Central London – with lots of great lunch, drink and dinner places around (which we make frequent use of :)).
We love our products and we want you to enjoy them as much as possible, too. So you get 25% off everything on cherryz.com – shop till you drop!
Recent jobs at Cherryz
- E-Commerce Operations Assistant (Grads Welcome) at Cherryz in London 20-07-2018
- Digital Marketing Lead at Cherryz in London 30-07-2018