Digital Marketing Lead
at Cherryz in London
ABOUT US & THE JOB
Cherryz is a VC-backed startup with the goal to make shopping the little things in life fun and affordable. We’re a small team and just at the beginning of our journey; there’s still loads to do and we need more incredible people that share our vision to create an amazing online brand for low-value items.
We are looking for a rockstar Digital Marketing Lead to join us as one of our first ten hires. You’ll be getting your hands dirty managing our accounts yourself, but we also want to see the potential to hire and build an excellent team of 2-3 around you over the next 18 months.
While paid social is and will most likely remain the most important channel, we don’t mind if you’ve been focusing on search or other channels until now. We’re looking for someone with an extremely numbers driven approach who is intrinsically motivated to always learn about and try the latest in digital marketing. We’re hiring some talented creatives so you won’t need to spend much time writing and designing, it’s all going to be about Excel sheets, attribution, funnel analysis, audience segmentation, etc.
Currently, we only have a web app but are currently building native apps expecting them to drive the majority of revenues going forward. So marketing for app installs will be key.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Paid customer acquisition
- So far we’ve only really tested Facebook. The first task will be to audit our accounts and get them ticking over reliably
- Create comprehensive strategy for all relevant paid channels with a clear plan for testing and optimisation
- Implement and test further channels while constantly optimising existing ones
Organic social campaigns
- Conceptualise best in class organic campaigns (e.g. giveaways)
- Liaise with Social Media Creative on execution
- Define KPIs, analyse performance and give actionable recommendations to Social Media Creative
- Audit existing email marketing campaigns
- Create comprehensive retention concept (user segmentation, etc.)
- Liaise with Social Media Creative on content
- Analyse > Optimise
- Create an attribution model that is tailored to Cherryz – a simple first or last click model won’t cut it
- Constantly adapting your model to the overall marketing mix
Input on inventory sourcing
- Work closely with our sourcing team to identify existing and new products that drive CTRs and conversions. Cherryz is all about offering the best possible assortment at any given point in time and the entire team plays a role in the sourcing process.
Basic on-site SEO
- Research state-of the art onsite SEO
- Liaise with Social Media Creative and development team on execution
- Extremely numbers driven approach, loves Excel and friends: comfortable with complex formulas and pivot tables, and enjoy the satisfaction of having created a ‘beautiful’ spreadsheet
- Eager to learn the latest digital marketing techniques, addicted to reading the most cutting edge blogs, etc.
3-4 years of full-time work experience in a comparable role, ideally in a fast-growing startup
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university and evidence of exceptional academic performance
- Enjoy being proactive and able to prioritise your own projects on impact without a lot of hand-holding
- Nice to haves: strong background in paid social, experience with marketing for app installs, experience in marketing for a transactional e-commerce business with sizeable catalogues.
We’re a small team with next to no hierarchy. If you have an idea, we’ll listen. If you want to try something new, we’ll support you. So if you’re a self-starter who’s keen to learn, Cherryz is the right place for you!
Our office is on Kingsland Road in Dalston – with lots of great lunch, drink and dinner places around (which we make frequent use of :)).
We love our products and we want you to enjoy them as much as possible, too. So you get 25% off everything on Cherryz – shop till you drop!