Junior Software Developer
at GetRentr in London
Big data… machine learning… artificial intelligence…
If that got you excited, you could be the next recruit on GetRentr’s mission to leverage tech and data to revolutionise the UK residential property sector. Our platform is being used by some of the biggest names in the market but we have a long way to go to execute the ambitious vision we’ve set ourselves!
To help us on the journey, we’re on the hunt for a Junior Software Developer to support and drive the development of new features and products. We’re searching for a highly intelligent and capable individual, who’s eager to apply their knowledge and skills to build new tech. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as we are a rapidly evolving startup with firm aspirations to launch a plethora of cutting edge products into the market and our dynamic development pipeline is in constant motion.
Social impact is a central pillar here at GetRentr. The genesis of our platform is in applying phenomenal data and technological capabilities to expose rogue landlords and ensure that no tenant has to live in unsafe or unsuitable accommodation again. Meaningful work will always be entangled with everything we do and finding people that share our principles is a crucial part of this pursuit.
If the potential to make a major impact at the heart of a unique tech company exhilarates you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Junior Software Developer
You will be a key member of our small but growing Dev Team while also working alongside our Data R&D Team to translate data and ideas into concrete features and products.
At GetRentr, we principally hire on the basis of personality and intelligence above technical skills and experience. For this position, we are looking for a detail oriented person that’s passionate about building tech and has a real hunger to grow their own capabilities. Innovation is at the heart of our business and we need people with the initiative to drive and challenge the business.
The role will range from routine data scanning, website updates and testing, to new product concepting, brain-storming, prototyping and hacking. We’re a rapidly growing startup and are looking for someone with a desire to grow and adapt along with us. We’re looking for an inquisitive mind set to constantly analyse and look to improve everything we do, striving everyday to reach the extremely high standards we set for ourselves.
You will be guided by our CTO, Tech Director and current developers but your own creative and technical input is welcomed and encouraged. Our people are the most important asset of our company and we expect everyone to have the confidence to contribute. Working in a flat hierarchical structure interacting daily with our most senior people ensures that everybody has the potential to impact strategy.
In this role you will have the opportunity to grow into a key member of the development team. As an early member of a startup team you will have the opportunity for rapid advancement in whichever areas you excel in. If you’re the sort of character that is willing to get stuck into whatever needs doing in order to drive the business forward, please get in touch with us!
A typical day could involve any or all of the below:
- A brainstorm to tease out the architecture for a new feature
- Participating in sprint planning, reviews, retrospectives and standups under Agile
- Coding of new features
- Developing apis
- Landing page updates
- Periodic email template update and deployment
- Statistical analysis or manipulation of new data sets
- UAT testing
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field or a number of years coding experience
- A great portfolio you’re proud to show off
- Some cool side projects to show or talk about
- 1 – 2 + years experience in PHP and Bootstrap on the front end
- Experience integrating with APIs, REST, etc…
- Working with large data sets and AI/Machine Learning experience a bonus but not essential
- A good eye for design and UX goes a long way
We are open to a range of experience for this role, if you think this is the job for you please apply.
- A competitive salary reflective of candidate experience
- 2 serious hacker founders with 20 years hacking and coding experience for you to work directly with and learn from
- Office space in the Geovation Hub: an innovation hub specialising in geospatial mapping and development. * * * We’re surrounded by cutting edge startups striving to change the world in a cooperative and dynamic environment
- Access to OS and HMLR data libraries, staff and other specialist resources
- A founding team who are passionate about what we do and are looking for inspiring people to join our journey
- A highly collaborative team giving everyone the opportunity to affect crucial decisions at the heart of the company
- Huge ambitions to utilise and develop our data and technology capabilities to move into new areas and markets