Product Designer at Award-Winning Start Up
at Housekeep in London
Senior Product Designer at Award-Winning Start Up
Housekeep helps people find and work with amazing cleaners. We measure our success first by the
number of cleaners that want to work with us, and second by the number of satisfied customers
who keep booking with us week after week.
We use technology to grow these numbers month after month and to increase our efficiency as we
scale. We’ve already proved that this business has legs: we have industry-leading operations
technology and great underlying economics. At only four years old we have already onboarded
1,000s of cleaners and have over 100,000 5* customer reviews. Housekeep is profitable and
Why we need you:
Disrupting the home cleaning market throws up a lot of hard problems: real-time scheduling, job-
allocation, routing and messaging to coordinate thousands of complex home visits. And all this
complexity has to be presented to our cleaners, operations staff and customers with beautiful,
intuitive user interfaces.
We have a variety of software, with a variety of users:
- A marketing website for customers looking for home cleaners
- A self-serve management tool where customers can login and book cleaning services
- A mobile app that Housekeep cleaners use
- A tool to algorithmically optimise the schedule of Housekeep cleaners, so that they are matched to customers in the most efficient way, used by our operations team
- Backend systems to manage all of our bookings, housekeepers, payments etc from the office
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to lead on creating the very best user experience for both
sides of our marketplace. You’ll work closely with our Head of Product and CEO, with autonomy to
rethink how our users interact with the Housekeep platform.
You would be joining early enough to influence tool-choice and to shape how we work and build out
the design function.
You will have:
- A varied background in design (UX design, Visual design) with a strong portfolio explaining
clearly the project areas worked on
- End-to-end experience creating and shipping digital product
- Experience incorporating insights based on user research
- Experience managing the creative design process in a fast-paced, in-house product environment
- Expert level knowledge of designing for responsive web and mobile app
- Excellent wireframing and prototyping skills that demonstrate the finer details in transitions, animations, and complex interactions.
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel
- A proven understanding of user-centric, evidence-based design approach
- Experience working with established and developing pattern libraries
- Desire to build and lead a design function over time
- Working knowledge of the development process, common libraries, frameworks and coding methodologies, able to understand technical limitations behind your designs and can effectively communicate your ideas to engineers
It is a bonus if you have:
- A thorough understanding of front end principle with coding knowledge
- A flair for content and copywriting
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity for you to apply your skills to an innovative, technology-first business.
Culture is important to us. We are a fast-growing company full of bright, engaged people. We take
pride in what we do and make sure that everyone in the team feels valued, respected and
important. We’re also fun and social, so you can expect lots of cake, team drinks and celebrations of
our achievements along the way.
A few other perks on joining Housekeep:
- Free cleaning
- Dental, childcare vouchers, pension
- Conference budget
To apply for the role, please email us:
1) Your CV and portfolio
2) A link to your LinkedIn profile
3) A cover letter explaining why you’d be great at this role (max. 100 words)
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.