Digital Innovation Analyst
at MAXIS GBN in London
About MAXIS GBN:
We’re a start-up backed up by two of the largest insurance companies in the world. Co-founded in 2016 by MetLife and AXA, we’re a network of almost 140 insurance companies in over 120 markets combining local expertise with global insight. Our range of pooling, reinsurance and employee benefits services help multinational employers to take care of their people and achieve strategic goals.
About the role:
This role is based in London and will be part of a cross-functional team working on our new MAXIS Data & Digital Innovation Lab, an innovation programme aiming to set us apart as the most innovative, forward-looking global benefits network in digital and data solutions. The lab works with other departments in the business and with outsourced technology suppliers to help us achieve full potential from digital initiatives.
You will be driving a culture of innovation through testing and experimentation, delivering value for our clients by bringing new digital products to market, and/or by improving our existing data and digital services. The role will report to our Director of Digital Marketing & Innovation.
- Manage workstreams, assets and calendar of activities needed to develop and improve digital tools and services, including web and mobile apps;
- Collaborate with internal teams and external technology vendors, managing project scope and timelines, participating in ideation and requirements sessions, and helping with prototyping and testing, working on multiple projects at various stages – ideation, research, feasibility, requirements-gathering, development, testing, launch, evaluation;
- Help with developing and managing other initiatives and activities under the lab, such as concept hackathons, app marketplace, backend integration projects and innovation workshops;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on new potential technology, including market and vendors, use cases, business value, technical feasibility, cost and timeline to implement;
- Specify requirements within an agile environment, including maintaining backlogs of product priorities;
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate status updates;
- Help with testing and refining prototypes, ensuring readiness and transition of products to a live environment;
- Create trusting relationships with the internal teams ultimately accountable for the services, supporting them with the change process until the innovations developed by the lab are in business-as-usual mode;
- Follow and update internal stakeholders on industry trends, competitive landscape and evolving technologies, including Insurtech landscape and relevant health & wellness apps.
- 1-2 years’ experience in digital development, product management, tech consulting, data science and/or research;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives, and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations;
- Good project management skills, ability to multitask competing priorities;
- Good awareness/knowledge of UX/UI principles, A/B testing, user research, and making data-driven decisions;
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to non-tech people;
- Creative thinking – generating new ideas and looking for innovative solutions to problems;
- Passion for data and digital innovation;
- Self-motivated, focused in delivering tangible products and services;
- Degree educated: computer science or related technical field is a plus.
- Experience within Insurtech and/or Fintech
- Agile & Scrum knowledge/experience, issue tracking software
- Previous experience working in an innovation lab setting
- Knowledge of latest technologies in the insurance industry such as robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics, blockchain / distributed ledger technologies, health & wellness technology
What we offer:
- Initial 6-month contract
- Salary from £28k to £35k depending on experience
- Opportunity to work directly with senior stakeholders in leading organisations
- Great working environment in our London office in Monument, with a friendly team of over 30 people
- Work very closely with our global offices in New York, Paris and Hong Kong
- Ongoing training and investment in your growth
For more information about us, have a look at maxis-gbn.com