Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer
at LuckyTrip in London
(₤24000 - ₤27000 per year)
LuckyTrip is the UK’s leading travel inspiration app, picked by Apple as one of the Apps of the Year.
Set your budget, tap the ‘Lucky’ button and see a complete trip to a new destination – the cheapest flights, best places to stay, and hand picked things to do there.
We love finding the most amazing adventures. Think pink lagoons, secret beaches and haunted Romanian forests…
We’re looking for a video editor to bring our unique content to life through a new format. Our audience is young, fun, and obsessed with travel, we want to be the first stop for a new generation of travellers and video is an important part of this. We’re already creating content viewed by millions, now video is the next step for us. Can you create the best videos out there?
We’re a young, small team and we love what we do. After an amazing UK launch we’re ready to take LuckyTrip global. Fancy it?
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be creating the most unique travel videos everyday – we only put the juiciest stuff on LuckyTrip so you’ll need to have an eye for engaging, original content.
- You’ll have ownership over an exciting new video project for us – creating videos for our destinations and activities. Think Soviet ghost towns, underground caves, giant omelettes, watermelon skiing, and floating art galleries.
- You’ll be editing and designing motion for all of our videos across the App, social media, App Stores and website, including the occasional product tutorial & brand partnership video.
- You’ll be a key player in our content team, working directly alongside our designers and content editors, also helping with visuals and any additional image editing.
- You’ll be offering suggestions to make the app better, and be involved in product, marketing and content strategy brainstorms.
- You’ll be a big part of refining our visual tone, building on the brand we’ve already created and running with it. Our tone is fun and colourful, we’re looking to recreate that in video and motion.
- You’ll work fast and be comfortable taking ownership over projects, as well as your schedule.
What we’re looking for
- This is an opportunity to work at one of the most exciting travel startups in Europe, and we’re looking for someone who’s creative, ambitious, and ready to work hard to help push us forward.
- You know video inside out – you can brainstorm, storyboard, edit, and add motion to create AMAZING content – at least 2 years experience as a video editor / motion designer or LOADS of examples as a keen hobbyist.
- You can tell a story (and know what makes it interesting) as well as make ‘how to’ and promotional video content.
- You love the details, and can work your nuts off to create video to an insane level of quality
- You’re social media savvy, comfortable navigating Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter – making engaging snapchat and Insta stories.
- You get weirdly aroused at the thought of travel… and you have some stories of your own – personal experience is your friend in this role.
- You’re comfortable taking feedback and keen to progress your learning and development.
- You’re FUN! We’re a small team, full of work hard play hard types – bring the good vibes!
- At least 2 years experience in a video editing role (or bucketloads of personal experience to show us)
- Extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro (or Final Cut)
- Extensive knowledge of After Effects
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Suite.
- Comfortable with colour grading.
- High attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- A second European language is a bonus (especially German, French, Spanish or Italian) but not necessary.
What we can offer
- £24k – £27k starting salary for first 3 months, then a salary review dependent on performance
- A fun work environment at our office in Hackney Downs Studios – a creative hub of small businesses in East London with an onsite bar, restaurant and yoga studio.
- Work from home at least 1 day a week.
- Weekly team socials.
- Equity in the business dependent on performance.
- Monthly reviews and personal development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be a key part of one of the most up and coming, exciting startups in the UK.
LuckyTrip is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we love creating an inclusive environment for all of our team.