Head of People
at Adzuna in London
(₤80000 - ₤100000 per year)
Head of People – London £neg + stock options
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we’re seeking an experienced, dynamic Head of People to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna is a great place to work already, and we need an experienced Head of People to help us scale up our business without losing our agility and where we’ve come from. This is a new role – we have never had a formal people or HR function in the business to date – so you have the opportunity to have a huge, amazing influence, in a career-defining role. We have a good platform already – a successful, profitable and fast-growing business with a great product, an experienced management team who take responsibility for hiring and management of their own people, and a high employee engagement score.
The key goals of the role are to keep people happy and productive so that we as a business hit our ambitious growth targets, to attract top talent, to scale and institutionalise all the best parts of our culture, to up skill the team and to stop politics and bureaucracy from creeping in as the size and complexity of our business increases.
Based in our great Fulham office, you will report to our CEO Doug Monro and work closely with co-founders and management team, to build on and implement their vision for Adzuna and its people. You will work independently in a fast-moving, low structure environment where you will have the opportunity to help lead and shape our culture. If you’ve watched the tv show ‘Billions’, you’re Wendy Rhoades! You will shine through our teams’ incredible work.
If your idea of a great people function is making sure we have all the right forms in place for 360 monthly performance reviews and a best practise health and safety policy, please do not apply! We’re looking for someone who is both empathetic and business-focussed, fits our entrepreneurial culture and who can help us to help all our people grow and perform at their best.
Our opportunity offers the chance to use your existing expertise to help build something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. We offer a supportive working environment, with an emphasis on team-working, mentoring and training. It’s fun and fast moving. Join us!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for employee engagement and productivity
- Responsibility alongside hiring managers for recruitment and candidate experience
- Onboarding of new hires across tech, sales and marketing, including remote locations
- Learning, training and development for all our staff including our leadership team
- Performance management and salary review processes
- Social events and other culture development
- Management of people admin and operational processes
- Live and be an advocate of our company culture and values
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- Substantial people leadership experience in a similar sector or high growth startup.
- Strong business and analytical skills, with an performance/output/roi focus.
- Proven ability to be a culture advocate and champion.
- Proven ability to attract, manage and grow talent.
- Can create a great candidate experience, back and nurture our winners and address issues.
- Proven ability to simplify complexity and run/implement compliant and effective processes in a lightweight way.
- Excellent communication skills, able to connect with all our staff individually as well as having credibility to work and present at the highest levels.
- Impeccable track record of discretion, ethics and confidentiality.
Useful extra skills / experience:
- Exposure to remote workers and multi-country operations
- Worked in non-people functional team or ran your own business at some point in your career
What we offer:
- Market competitive base salary (plus bonus)
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace and bar in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
More about Adzuna:
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Recent jobs at Adzuna
- Business Development Manager at Adzuna in London 26-09-2018
- Telesales Consultant at Adzuna in London 24-10-2018
- Infrastructure Engineer at Adzuna in London 13-11-2018
- Product Manager at Adzuna in London 28-11-2018
- SEO/Digital Marketing Intern at Adzuna in London 28-11-2018
- Communications Manager at Adzuna in London 05-12-2018
- Account Manager DE and AT at Adzuna in London 14-12-2018