CTO / Lead Software Engineer
at HyBird in London
(₤60000 - ₤80000 per year)
Do you want to help shape the future of commercial drones at one of London’s most exciting robotics startups?
HyBird is a London-based drone startup, which spun out of University College London (UCL) and is now looking to welcome you to join its core team. We promote a good balance of independence and collaboration: entrusting team members to be great leaders and have autonomy over their responsibilities; and working collaboratively (both internally and externally) to achieve the best results and solve the toughest problems.
We’re a venture backed hardware and software startup that is revolutionising the high-risk inspection industry using completely novel drones. We’re keeping our developments in stealth mode right now, and will of course share more in person!
What you’ll be responsible for at HyBird:
• Designing and building a software application (web-based/native) capable of analysing and visualising large volumes of varied data.
• Designing and developing the system architecture for the software application.
• Designing and testing machine learning algorithms for object/pattern recognition.
• Collaborating with key partners in the relevant spaces.
• Monitoring the state of the art and attending conferences.
• Effectively acting as CTO on the software side.
• An absolute ninja at coding and product management.
• Experience managing software products, including strong client interaction.
• Experience in designing, building and maintaining web applications from back-to-front, independently.
• DevOps, automation and unit testing experience.
• Embedded software and hardware/robotics experience a bonus.
• Experience using machine learning algorithms on varied data-sets.
• Ideally Master or PhD in relevant field (computer science, engineering or similar).
• Strong command of front and back end programming languages and technologies.
• A proven track record of learning and applying new concepts quickly.
• Experience in shipping code for products used at scale an asset.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and exhibit drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play.
• Good level of English. Arabic or any additional language an asset.
Compensation will also include stock options of 1-5%.
Recent jobs at HyBird
- Lead Software Engineer at HyBird in London 18-07-2018
- Embedded Firmware Engineer at HyBird in London 18-07-2018
- Electronics Engineer at HyBird in London 18-07-2018
- DevOps Engineer at HyBird in London 08-08-2018
- Lead Electrical Engineer at HyBird in London 14-09-2018