Lead Electrical Engineer
at HyBird in London
(₤40000 - ₤80000 per year)
Do you want to help shape the future of commercial drones at one of London’s most exciting robotics startups?
HyBird is a London-based drone startup, which spun out of University College London (UCL) and is now looking to welcome you to join its core team. We promote a good balance of independence and collaboration: entrusting team members to be great leaders and have autonomy over their responsibilities; and working collaboratively (both internally and externally) to achieve the best results and solve the toughest problems.
We’re a venture backed hardware and software startup that is revolutionising the high-risk inspection industry using completely novel drones. We’re keeping our developments in stealth mode right now, and will of course share more in person!
What you’ll be responsible for at HyBird:
• Architect and design all vehicle avionics systems, including flight controllers, radio systems, communication buses, and sensors.
• Capture schematics and generate board layouts in accordance with relevant design principles.
• Take ownership of design and implementation of the embedded firmware/software that runs on the UAV.
• Bring up, debug, and write interfaces for new hardware.
• Develop and implement state-space control algorithms.
• Designing the live data transmission system to ground station.
• Develop battery management system.
• Manufacturing methods selection based on technical, cost and risk analyses.
• Collaboration with key partners in the relevant spaces.
• Experience with embedded microcontrollers implemented on robotic devices.
• Proficiency in C/C++ in an embedded context.
• Low-level system communications (SPI, I2C, USART, etc.) experience.
• Experience with embedded OS/RTOS.
• Significant experience with PCB schematic and layout design (using Altium, Eagle, etc.).
• Practical knowledge of component selection for longevity and performance.
• Ideally Master or PhD in relevant field (electrical engineering, robotics or similar).
• Experience writing embedded firmware on networked devices.
• Familiarity with connected devices and IP communications.
• Experience working on all levels of the hardware stack of embedded systems.
• Experience designing and building power electronics systems.
• Experience in shipping code for products used at scale an asset.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play.
• Good level of English. Arabic or any additional language an asset.
Compensation will also include stock options of 1-5%.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.