Head of Operations and Fulfilment
at Baudoin & Lange in London
Launched in 2016, Baudoin & Lange designs, manufactures and sells high-end shoes for men and women. Our first product, the Sagan, is a ready-to-wear Belgian loafer, featured in major lifestyle and fashion magazines and sold in over a hundred countries. We are experiencing rapid growth, particularly in the UK, US and Asian markets, where our stockists and partnerships range from high-end tailoring shops to the most renowned luxury department stores (i.e. Harrods, Selfridges, Barney’s NYC). We offer a chance to work in a creative and fast-paced environment, directly with the founders, through which you’ll get exposure and insight into the luxury industry.
We are a young, fast-growing company, with a start-up environment, where change and evolution are constant. Our small but growing team requires a high level of independence, flexibility and a ‘do whatever it takes’ mentality when it comes to taking on new tasks and responsibilities. Located in Shoreditch, the creative heart of London, you will be joining a friendly, outgoing team.
About the Role
As new head of operations you will be responsible for taking our current e-commerce and wholesale operations to the next level, and will be in charge of setting up, scaling, and improving our fulfilment and operations systems.
This role is as well an opportunity to take on a management responsibility as you will be training and managing Fulfilment and Logistics specialists and a Customer Service Representative. You will also be the liaison between our in-house factory, the customer service team and overseas sales agents.
Alongside ensuring the smooth running of our day-to-day operations and fulfilment, the goal is to find solutions and implement new software/integrations/procedures to automate and simplify our fulfilment process (from client placing order to client receiving order), always striving for maximum efficiency. As demand for our products is rapidly growing, our operation systems need to scale with us. This requires the knowledge and true ability to research, implement and follow through with new solutions. In this role you are required to have a high level of independence and will be reporting directly to the founders & CEO.
Scaling of Operations Systems
• Research and implement new ERP system, fulfilment software and warehousing software to streamline and scale all facets of our operations for e-commerce and wholesale procurement
• Lead transition from current operations systems to new systems
• Create detailed procedures for fulfilment staff
• Set up and manage future third-party logistics for wholesale
• Implement new ‘Kanban’ stock management for our in-house production
Logistics & Fulfilment Management
• Building the Operations team, onboarding and training of new staff
• Manage Operations and Fulfilment staff
• Oversee dashboard of open e-commerce, bespoke and wholesale orders in Excel databases for timely fulfilment
• Core understanding of different ERP systems, Shipping software, Fulfilment Software, Warehousing Software, E-commerce integrations
• Highly computer literate: proficient in Excel
• Ability to truly simplify procedures and systems, from research to full implementation, for maximum efficiency
• Keen interest in operations and e-commerce
• Great eye for detail
• Exceptionally organised
• Positive ‘whatever it takes’ attitude (already in the first paragraph)
• Comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
• Flawless manners in written and spoken English
Education & Experience
• Bachelor degree university (min 2:1 or equivalent) from top tier university
• Experience working in a high-growth start-up
• Minimum of 2 year’s experience in an operations role
Job Type: Full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Location: B&L Studio & Office, Shoreditch, London
Salary: Competitive + benefits