Director of Customer Growth
at Akkroo in London
(₤70000 - ₤80000 per year)
Here at Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the large void between exhibiting at events and an organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes. This is achieved through our market-leading, innovative Software-as-a-Service platform which we sell into B2B mid-market and enterprise organisations all over the world.
As a SaaS business, the success of our customers is absolutely vital to the long-term growth and success of Akkroo. As a business, we will not succeed unless our customers are receiving massive value from using our platform.
In line with our continued growth and recent Series A funding, we are now hiring for this new, senior commercial role ultimately responsible for owning and expanding revenue from the existing customer base. The Director of Customer Growth will oversee our existing Customer Success and Account Management teams and processes, reporting directly into and working closely with the CEO.
Success in the role will be based on the following two business outcomes:
- Increased renewal rates and reduced churn
- Increase of our Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) through existing customer accounts via cross-sell, up-sell and expansion
The role will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Owning the overall strategy for maximising ARR from our existing customer base
- Management of our existing Account Management team, focused on the strategic management of key accounts to maximise up-sell and expansion opportunities
- Management of our existing Customer Success Management team, proactively focused on Onboarding, Adoption and advising the customer on successful use of the product
- Working closely with the CEO to develop, measure and maximise the effectiveness of our existing customer base activities with key metrics
- Aligning operations with other functions such as the New Business and Customer Experience & Support teams
YOU – Key characteristics we’re looking for:
Experience of the B2B SaaS journey
- We’re on the £2M to £10M leg of the ARR journey and are looking for someone that has experienced life in a fast-growth, high paced SaaS scale-up and can bring all their experience of what does and doesn’t work as we continue to grow our customer base
A true passion for customers
- Building trust and enabling our customers to make an impact with Akkroo are two of our core values. Having a true commitment to our customers and their success is an absolute must-have
Willingness to get your hands dirty
- We’re a 40-odd person scale-up and therefore it is vital you’re willing, when the situation requires, to get hands-on, ready to engage with real customer conversations on the front-line alongside your teams
A cross-functional, organised and process-driven approach
- The role will require coordination and organisation with other functions in Akkroo, from Product and Engineering to Support and Sales, so the ability to work well with other teams is a must-have
- 5+ years experience in leading B2B customer-facing teams, ideally in SaaS
- Demonstrable experience in hiring, building and growing teams to achieve goals
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue models
- Analytical, disciplined and process-oriented mindset
- Experience in implementing and managing a process based operation
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we’re offering:
- Year one base salary of £70k – £80k depending on experience, plus 25% based on performance related commission and bonuses, plus Share Options!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join us in a senior role as we continue to scale up the business
You’ll have a motivated, skilled and knowledgeable team to work with from day one, as well as the chance to hire in new talent in due course.
You’ll be able to work closely with the co-founders and other senior members of the team as we continue to shape and execute on our growth strategy for the business, whilst taking overall control of our existing customer base
We also operate a Share Options scheme which you will be eligible to join upon successful completion of probation.
Recent jobs at Akkroo
- QA (SaaS Software Tester) at Akkroo in London 31-08-2018