Backend Java Developer, Core Services
at Altus Group in London
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
We need Back End Java Developers with an interest in DevOps to join our Core Services team. This is a rapidly expanding team of experienced developers who are going to become the backbone of our platform initiative.
Our tech stack
- Java 8 – Programming language for our applications. – Spring Boot – Build our applications as Microservices. – Hibernate – For Object-Relational Mapping and helping application data achieve persistence. – AWS – Deploying to the cloud. – Elasticsearch – To provide a distributed, multi-tenant-capable full-text search engine. – Jenkins – For continuous integration. – Swagger – API design tool. – Docker – Deploy and run our applications on lightweight containers. – MySQL – Relational database management system. – MongoDB – Scalable and flexible NoSQL database. – WSO2 – API gateway: API management, identity and access management. – Salesforce – Cloud-based CRM platform.
What’s in it for you:
- A role where you will work on the full lifecycle development of advanced cloud-based systems. From brainstorming and technical design through to architecting, programming and unit testing. – The road to an Architecture role as you take on responsibility for all of the integration points with our other products and teams. From DevOps to CI/CD to designing and building an API Gateway for other Altus Analytics teams to centralising authentication and authorisation. You will provide technical expertise to of the platform to other teams. – This team is always trying new tech to solve new challenges that’s why you are here! – The freedom and the tools to actively contribute new ideas, try new approaches to our design and development process. – The room to grow in a stimulating, collaborative environment as you create solutions to problems that impact the global economy. – A boost in exposure and opportunity as you become part of a company with 44 offices worldwide and a recognised #PropTech leader in the CRE industry valued at £10 trillion.
So, how do we know you are the next Backend Java Developer, you are:
- A university graduate. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. – An experienced Backend Java Developer who is interested in architecture and DevOps. You have extensive programming and object-oriented design skills in Java 8, Spring Boot and Hibernate. You have hands-on experience with Swagger, Docker, Jenkins and MongoDB. You pick up new concepts quickly and you have familiarity with the different tools and technologies in our stack. Bonus points for experience with AWS, WSO2 and Salesforce. – An Agile team player. You are a strong contributor to the team as well as a self-motivated, independent worker. You keep up with industry standards and trends.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards. – First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the PropTech industry. – Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers. – Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/2yxvncD
Recent jobs at Altus Group
- Account Executive, Technology Sales - Bilingual, EMEA J at Altus Group in London 21-09-2018
- Real Estate Consultant at Altus Group in London 21-09-2018
- Visual UI Designer at Altus Group in London 11-10-2018
- Lead Automation Developer in Test at Altus Group in London 11-10-2018