Software Engineer (Python/JS, Senior)
at 10to8 in Cambridge
(₤35000 - ₤55000 per year)
About Us and the Job
We are looking for generalists who can take ownership over code and product. You must care about product and features, right from inception until they are in the hands of our users. You will be willing to take feedback from our users about what works and what does not, and to act on this to make our product even better.
We offer an environment where we all have clear responsibilities and empowerment with actual power. We work closely as a team, while also respecting the time and space that people need to get their work done. We care and talk about our culture, and are always looking to improve ourselves as a team and individually.
Responsibilities can include…
- Developing new features to improve our product, in response to user feedback and testing.
- Developing internal APIs to support our frontends, so that they are fast and scale efficiently with the business.
- Developing core infrastructure using Python and Django, including generating new database schemas and writing queries using the Django ORM.
- Deploying code and developing infrastructure to support the monitoring and maintenance of a system that is used 24/7.
Our appointment scheduling software keeps businesses and their customers on the same page, to make bookings happen.
We have loads of ideas for improving our product. Whether it’s using AI to identify customers who might be late for their bookings and personalising messages to them, extending our communications system to support Whatsapp and voice calls, or supporting enterprises who use our APIs to integrate with their own systems – there is lots of exciting work to be done.
Our 10 person team (including you) works from our shiny office in Milton, just north of Cambridge. You can come visit. You’ll hopefully find out that:
- We have a nice office where you can drive and park and comfy office chairs – because that’s what people wanted.
- We work together and remotely because that’s how we’ve found we work best.
- Culture is important to us and we’re always trying to maintain and improve it.
- We work as a team and tackle our challenges together.
- We’re flexible: we adjust to our employees’ individual requirements to make sure they are happy and productive.
We will onboard you with our existing micro-apps, codebase and documentation. You will be supported and trained in the technologies we use, and we will want you to bring your own experience and expertise to help improve the team.
Find out what our employees think about 10to8 on Glassdoor.
Find out about some of the features we’ve added recently:
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.