at CharlieHR in London
We’re Charlie, a beautifully designed, easy to use HR software for small companies. We believe that building a company is hard, running one shouldn’t be.
Our product enables small companies to automate many of the administrative headaches that they experience as they scale, and gives those who run businesses more of what they need the most… time!
We exist to run, build and change small companies so they can run, build and change the world.
Come and join us to help create a world that works better.
In this role you will:
- Take joint-ownership of an exciting new editorial project, with a leading role in building, crafting and delivering a sector-leading digital magazine from the ground up – https://blog.charliehr.com/
- Establish CharlieHR as home of the best, most-forward thinking and vital writing within the sphere of People, Operations and HR
- Develop an editorial project that means our readers don’t just click on our content once, but become part of an engaged and loyal readership that comes back time after time
- Commission, edit and write compelling editorial content that achieves our business goal of top-of-funnel growth
- Tell the stories of our customers and anyone who believes in making small businesses a great place to work
- Help to grow a business that influences and changes the way people work for the better
- You have 2+ years professional experience as a writer
- You have a genuine passion for writing and storytelling across a variety of formats and styles
- An editorial background – perhaps in a print publication or online magazine – is a significant plus
- You’re comfortable producing 2-3 pieces of long-form editorial content per week
- You are confident interviewing people to find interesting angles or perspectives on a topic
- You’re a self-starter with initiative and drive; you don’t shy away from a challenge
- You have a passion for small businesses and how they work
- You’ve got the drive and ambition to join us in grafting hard to build a large technology company very quickly
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You’ll be joining a company that:
- Works in small cross-functional teams with OKRs, so your work is always focused, goal-driven and agile
- Is at an incredibly exciting stage of growth
- Is made up of a very close-knit, ambitious and dedicated team of 15-20 who genuinely enjoy spending time together
- Believes there is nothing more important than personal development
Core office hours (Monday-Thursday 10:00-15:00, Friday 10-17:30)
£500 yearly learning budget
Social events (Team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & 2 yearly company retreats)
WOW (work on whatever) days
Bike to work scheme
Recent jobs at CharlieHR
- Junior Software Developer at CharlieHR in London 15-10-2018
- Mid-level Software Developer - Ruby at CharlieHR in London 15-10-2018