Business Development Manager, CityMunch London
An opportunity to join a fast growing Shoreditch-based foodtech startup at an exciting phase in its growth. We’re looking for a positive, energetic, natural salesperson to boost our business development. Background CityMunch is changing the way we eat out. We connect restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and other eateries directly with their customers through real-time discounts, enabling them to instantly communicate with an engaged audience. In so doing, we can keep kitchens humming, help chefs reduce waste, and let restaurants know exactly what their customers are thinking. We’re a small team based in TechHub Moorgate.
In our short history we have:
- Launched in London, Bristol and Manchester, with over 300 restaurant partners
- Raised two rounds of crowdfunding on Seedrs
- Won the London FoodTech Week pitching competition
- Been the first startup selected for Just Eat’s Foodtech Accelerator program Now, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for growth to help step up our London expansion, working closely with the CEO and rest of the team.
The role will involve:
- Sales: Identifying and managing leads (London restaurants and smaller, higher-quality chains) for successful onboarding and sign up to the CityMunch platform
- Relationship Management: Developing relationships with restaurants and other eateries, helping and encouraging them to get the best out of the platform so as to develop strong offerings for our consumers
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an independent self-starter. The role will require someone who can manage their own time and effectively plan their day to day activities and be strategic to win clients.
- Be well-organised, keeping CRM database up to date and working closely with the small team to help each other overcome barriers
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in sales, preferably with a strong face to face focus. If this is in the restaurant industry then fabulous, but not essential, we’re looking for a outright sales prodigy.
- Have immense drive, a strong entrepreneurial instinct, desire (and tough skin) to work in a startup environment, and know when to seize an opportunity
- Be an excellent communicator with superb written and spoken English
- Have confidence, charisma and ability to build strong partner relationships quickly to win a sale
- Have a track record of devising creative solutions to sales challenges
- £24k base + performance related commission of up to 25%
- Share options in the business
- Travel expenses paid
- Offices at TechHub London
- A hard-working, dynamic culture Please send through your CV and a brief cover letter to explain why you’re the ideal person for the role. Applications without these will not be considered.