Marketing Manager, Demand Generation
at GatherContent in London
We’re looking for a UK-based Marketing Manager (Demand Generation) who has proven experience in demand generation for SaaS/B2B software businesses and wants to be part of a remote-working, fast growing startup.
What’s the opportunity?
We’ve been around for 6 years and have built a strong reputation amongst the content strategy community. Through relentless customer development we’ve identified an enormous market opportunity for Content Operations (ContentOps).
ContentOps addresses the gap that exists between content strategy and publishing platforms/traditional CMS’. Without dedicated ContentOps there is complete chaos resulting in poor content, costing organisations time, money and reputation.
We help our customers unify their people, process and content. They’re now able to quickly produce and publish effective content at scale; with less headaches, less errors and better results.
Our view is that effective content is going to be prioritised in every business and organisation and well executed ContentOps will be a requirement for this to happen. We’re already seeing this in our roster of customers; from Higher Education to Healthcare, Harvard to the NHS.
What’s the role?
You’ll be primarily responsible for helping prospective customers find us, understand, and get excited by the value our Content Operations Platform offers. You’ll enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to scale our demand generation programs ensuring we’re reaching the right people, with the right message at the right place and time.
Day-to-day you’ll take ownership of executing the demand generation process working closely alongside our customers, sales, product marketing and marketing team. You’ll love figuring out which messages resonate with different audiences and which channels are most effective at reaching them. You’ll be empowered to execute.
You’ll also help champion the development and popularisation of a new category. You’ll have ownership over your numbers and how you hit them. You’ll obsess over how to we effectively reach future customers and finally, you’ll continuously improve yourself and support your colleagues.
It’s a highly structured and analytical role and you’ll be expected to manage the demand generation process with rigour.
What we can offer you:
- Remote working – we offer the opportunity to work remotely. Whether you want to join a co-working space or work from home: the choice and flexibility are yours.
- Family friendly – babies are welcome and the company is very family oriented.
- Work/life balance – we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime. It’s about quality over time.
- The chance to make an impact on our business – As a small team (20 and growing) there is a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun team – We love to have fun as a team. Even though we work remotely, the team get together in London every 4 months to eat food and have fun.
- Stock options and pension
What we need in return:
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role, the product, and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done efficiently (whilst maintaining quality): working at a consistent pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as individually. We take a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong opinions, loosely held – no fear when it comes to inputting ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You must be happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward.
- An iterative approach – We focus on learning and improving our processes as we go.
- Customer focus – You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver value to our customers?”
- Leave your ego at the door. We’ve got a very collaborative, blame-free culture with a shared focus on what’s best for the company.
Your skills/experience should demonstrate an ability to
- Create campaigns to generate interest from our target audiences
- Plan, execute and manage marketing campaigns across multiple channels (paid/social/seo/retargeting/content marketing/events etc.)
- Plan and execute nurture programs for potential and existing customers (email/content/drip)
- Learn, test and develop new marketing channels quickly
- Pull insights, produce reports and make decisions based on marketing analytics data
- Help develop strategic direction for marketing based on learnings and business needs
- Test and develop messaging and business positioning for our brand and different verticals
- Create marketing content such as ad copy, articles, case studies, guides, ebooks and press releases etc.
- Deliver webinar and marketing presentations where required
- Work with product marketing, sales, customer success and product to plan and execute campaigns
- Manage and forecast budget requirements
- Manage external resources/freelancers/consultants where required
Bonus points for experience
- Selling/marketing top-down and bottom-up
- In increasing ACV
- Working with Google Analytics, KissMetrics, Adespresso, Drip, Zapier, GoToWebinar and/or similar services
- Working with or working knowledge of GatherContent
- Working in a startup environment that has seen significant growth
- Working remotely
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: Dependent upon experience (£40k+)
- Full-time role
- Based remotely anywhere in UK
- Reports to: Marketing Director
- Closing Date: 15th November
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we will need you to travel to London and/or Brighton during the interview process, travel for a team day every four months and intermittently for marketing team in-person sessions.
If you think you sound like a good fit, please read the application steps below carefully;
How to apply
We’d love to see some examples of your work, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to the following questions;
- Why do you want to work at GatherContent?
- Can you share a marketing-related result you played an important part in getting, what you did and how you got there?
- Can you tell us about a hard problem you’ve had to solve, and how you went about solving it?
- Why would GatherContent benefit from hiring you?
- Can you give us a brief description of your background?
Also, please include the word ‘watermelon’ in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (helps us weed out time wasters!)
We look forward to seeing your application.
What happens next?
We review all of the applications, screen for experience, attention to detail and general suitability.
Applicants who are successful will initially have a quick call with our Marketing Director before going through a remote/online values interview with two of our team members. If successful, the next step is a remote/online skills interview. Applicants who make it through these stages will be given a paid homework assignment to complete.
Finally, you will meet with our Marketing Director in person (in London or Brighton). Travel and expenses will be covered.
We will then be in touch to let you know if you are successful.
GatherContent is a Content Operations Platform that helps digital teams produce effective content.
Customers use our platform to manage the process of producing content that meets user and business needs at sale.
We work with higher education institutions, governments, non-profits, membership organisations and many enterprise customers. Some of our customers include Digitas LBI, Harvard University, The Australian Government, Intel, Salesforce & Twitter.
We launched in 2012 and now help thousands of customers, all over the world. Our team is fully remote, working from all over the UK.