at Poq in London
We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
Working closely with Product Managers, you will be creating solution designs to tackle upcoming challenges, writing RESTful APIs that should perform and scale, help us transition to an event-based, independent micro-service architecture, clean some technical debt in the process, and provide processes to help guide external development on top of the platform.
What you’ll be doing
• Translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Participating in grooming and story pointing backlog items
• Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Integrating data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
• Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Helping maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
What we’re looking for
• 3+ years experience with C#, .NET
• Agile experience
• Experience using Test Driven Development
• Experience with distributed systems and micro-services architecture
• Strong knowledge of working with Rest APIs using Asp.Net Web API
• Ability to clearly articulate technical solutions within the team
• Ability to write clean, maintainable, easy-to-test codes
• Mobile development experience
• Experience developing e-commerce solutions
• Knowledge of working in open source communities
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
• Competitive salary.
• Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
• Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
• Bike to work scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Selection of breakfast options provided
• Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
• We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
• Cake Wednesdays!
• Birthday Break – 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
• Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
• Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.