at Adzuna in London
(₤45000 - ₤65000 per year)
European remote option up to £45k
UK remote option up to £50k
UK office based up to £65k
Adzuna is looking for a fantastic Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in order to support and scale the technical infrastructure for the Adzuna product and other services.
Working with our world class team of infrastructure and software engineers you will play a key role in ensuring that we are able to operate and grow our platforms serving an audience of millions of jobseekers and employers and meeting all required service levels.
The role will require you to collaborate with both our engineers, data scientists and product team, as well as other stakeholders within the business to design, plan, implement and review our future infrastructure using industry leading tools and services.
We offer an entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business where you can make a huge difference. We are open to someone either working from our great West London location where you can take advantage of our jam-packed social calendar or working remotely.
- Plan, design, implement and review the infrastructure, software and tools that power the Adzuna job finding experience
- Monitor, maintain, test and debug our infrastructure
- Respond to the needs of Adzuna clients and fellow developers
- Safeguard secure development, production environments and practices
- Implement and mentor others on industry best practice
- Document components and operations
- Meeting our SLAs including out of hours emergency support
Mandatory skills and experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A track record of building and maintaining large infrastructure projects
- Experience with Linux (Debian/Ubuntu preferred).
- Proficiency in one or more of Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Proficiency in one or more of Perl (preferable) Ruby, Python, C, or Go
- A tenacious ability to debug and fix performance and reliability problems
- Comfortable working with a distributed team
Desirable skills and experience
- Designing and maintaining infrastructure in AWS
- Using Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Chef
- Using Nginx, Memcached, message queue systems
- Identifying and fixing MySQL read/write bottlenecks
- Identifying and fixing Solr bottlenecks
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- An opportunity to be part of a high-growth startup business with a friendly, informal, no-politics, low-hierarchy, multicultural team culture
- The chance to work with and learn from a highly motivated team of experienced internet professionals who want to make job search better
- Startup benefits like a positive attitude towards flexible working, families, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers, regular team training sessions – plus a table tennis table and a programme of team social events
- A bright, airy office in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
More about Adzuna
Adzuna is a search engine for jobs ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, as well as unique tools like ValueMyCV, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
You can read more here:http://www.adzuna.co.uk/about-us.html
Recent jobs at Adzuna
- Head of People at Adzuna in London 12-09-2018
- Business Development Manager at Adzuna in London 26-09-2018
- Telesales Consultant at Adzuna in London 24-10-2018
- Product Manager at Adzuna in London 28-11-2018
- SEO/Digital Marketing Intern at Adzuna in London 28-11-2018
- Communications Manager at Adzuna in London 05-12-2018
- Account Manager DE and AT at Adzuna in London 14-12-2018