IT Support Engineer
at Gousto in London
At Gousto tech is at the heart of the company – not your average startup and not your average tech company. Tech maintains our website, apps, customer storefront as well as internal tooling & IT, warehousing and logistics. We also have a data science team in tech that works to personalise the experience our customers get, optimise warehouse routing and more. In the last few years we’ve been voted the best recipe kit company by The Independent, The Guardian, Metro and Time Out and were named Retail Business of the Year by Startups UK.
As a tech team we love AWS (our CTO used to work there so our infrastructure embraces it) and use an ever growing bunch of AWS features. However, as we expand we’re looking to work with a broader set of technologies across multiple cloud providers, SaaS offerings and (some) on-premise capabilities. In order to support our expanding technology landscape we’re looking for an IT Engineer to join our team
As a 1st line IT Support Engineer at Gousto you will be delivering hands-on technical assistance for resolving hardware and software issues. You will be responsible for setting up and maintaining all computers and software across the company. You will take charge of all incoming support requests and help us achieve our goals for 2019.
We have a large portfolio of services and hardware in a fast and rapidly expanding business. This is a great role for someone who is dynamic, friendly, professional, eager to learn and willing to get stuck in
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Gousto. We do not discriminate.
What we’re looking for:
- Hold a strong degree in an IT based subject as Computer Science
- Providing effective technical support across multiple sites
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 10
- Good knowledge of macOS
- Enjoy installing and configuring laptops, desktops and printers
- Good communication skills
- Able to quickly learn new skills
- Good troubleshootings skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good understanding of networks
As a bonus it would be great if you had some of this!….
- Microsoft & Cisco Certifications
- Experience using Google Apps and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience using Active Directory
- You’re curious
- You enjoy learning and growing in your role
- You get inspired by having your big ideas heard
What we will expect in the first 6 months…
- Help us take IT support across the business to the next level. With you on board as a key member of the team you’ll quickly get stuck in and suggest ways of improving our setup.
- Help us learn. We care about the development of all team members and in an ever changing environment it’s important that we keep on learning and stay up-to-date.
- We have an IT security roadmap for 2019 and whilst supporting users on a day to day basis you will play a large role in improving IT security across the company.
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don’t judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
- “Tech 10%” – use every other Friday to sharpen your own skills and work on your own projects
- Holidays – Time off for you to enjoy yourself! 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Holiday Purchase – Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Company pension – 2% employer contribution
- Healthy Snacks – fruit and ice cream (ok, or not so healthy) provided every single day to keep you fresh
- End of Week Party – Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- Help us test the Product – As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- Gym Membership – Free membership of a local gym after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials – last quarter we played darts at Flight Club and the previous quarter we enjoyed a summer party at Dinnerama
- Quarterly team socials – our most recent two were Axe Throwing and Go-Karting
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.